Pearl 2004

kdunlop

Hello,

I'm new to the Pearl 2004 console and have been programming it this week. Does anyone know if it is possibe, to have multiple playbacks up, but on different "Active Pages" or "Roller Pages?"

I have a look on Roller Page 1:A on playback one.

I want to keep that up, but add 1:B and "Record Stage" for Theater Programing. I would like to be able to add on "live" as well.

Thanks for helping this newbie out!

Kris

Thanks! Another question while I have your attention. Is there a way to have a dimmer channel on more than one fader slide on the top of the board. When I patch to a new fader, it takes it away from the other fader on another page. For instance, I'm at a church and I want all the lower stage lights on one channel. Now I lose individual control over them.

Yes, I can put it to a playback, but have limited use due to the limit in the sliders you can use, as described in the reply quote.

Thanks!

Kris

'Fraid not - soft-patching on a Pearl is subject to the same constraints as on any other desk. You can patch more than one dimmer to a channel (handle), but you can't assign more than one channel (handle) to control a dimmer.

'Fraid not - soft-patching on a Pearl is subject to the same constraints as on any other desk. You can patch more than one dimmer to a channel (handle), but you can't assign more than one channel (handle) to control a dimmer.

Often wondered why it is like this on desks, on an HTP channel I can see no reason why it shouldn't be possible. On the flip side I can only see very limited usage for it and can see how it could often lead to confusion but can't see why the option isn't there.

Sorry for another question.

I have several ColorBlast12 LED fixtures I'm using. I have assigned them to a playback page.

When I'm using the Theater Mode and set the levels, it doesn't record the playback. Do I need to do something different, because it is a fixture?

Thanks!

Kris

That must be a northern hemisphere thing, our TheatreLight desk softpatches are quite happy to allow you patch more than one source to a destination. I've yet to find a sensible reason to do it, mind you...

How do I set this? Sorry

Hmmm. There is a manual :P

Values will enter programmer if you adjust by wheel or preset fader (dimmer level only). ie. select fixture(s), select attribute and dial in required value. When using preset fader it will be necessary to bring to zero and raise if fader was already up.

Other ways to get data into the programmer include palette recall (after selecting fixtures and making sure there is no timing info, including global) or using the 'include' function to bring data from a playback into the programmer (this can be by selected fixture or all) or by using the numeric keypad to enter values.

When desk is in 'record by fixture' mode, altering one attribute will then result in all current attribute values being recorded, even if not physically changed by wheel etc. When desk is in 'record by channel' only specific adjusted values will be stored - this is my preferred and recommended way of programming the desk.

Understanding the programmer is absolutely fundamental to the desk.

Archived