Composite Vid Monitors

Jivemaster

I want some monitors for karaoke, The discs I have are CD+G and the system used to output to a cheap 14"TV - Now they are not cheap! So I am looking at flat screens. PC monitors are available from £50 up but if I want something that receives composite video I have to pay £250+ for an 8 or 10 inch screen :P

Who knows the answer?

I seek either small screens that act as the counterweight on a boom mic stand. Or something slightly larger say up to 19" that could sit on the floor and look like a monitor speaker.

Only critical feature is the composite video input.

I seek either small screens that act as the counterweight on a boom mic stand. Or something slightly larger say up to 19" that could sit on the floor and look like a monitor speaker.

Only critical feature is the composite video input.

How about a LCD screen, as used for in-car DVD players? We have used them for videoconference preview monitors, built into lecterns. Available in various sizes from 5-10 inches. Around 50 quid (+silly P&P) from ebay....

I bought a 15 inch flat screen from richer sounds a year ago that has scart, composite, and vga input, so is my TV and pc screen. Last july it was £180 I think, and their bigger screens have come down in price, so may be worth a look to see if they all have. The screen is made by black diamond, and I haven't had a probs so far.

It's hot and sticky so I'm probably missing something here, but where did you get the idea that 14 inch TVs are expensive?

If your old way of working would still suit you, Argos have a number of 14 and 15 inch CRT televisions (all with composite input on either SCART or Phono or both) at prices from £45 to £80. (In not necessarily recommending Argos but the wife left the catalogue out next to my desk!)

I'm sure flat screens on the mic stand would be more elegant but if you're looking for cheap, I daresay CRT would still be cheapest.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived