How not to work at a height

Tomo

I've got a small, but growing, collection of these sort of photos. Can't publish most of them though, because they're real, have been taken by people I know, and people could get into serious trouble.
I got some horror pictures I have taken myself that can get the venue/tech managers in big trouble with HSE. When I did warn the people involved about the obvious dangers, they looked me like I was from Mars.

While working a festival this year, I witnessed a telehandler being used in a most certainly dodgy way. I don't feel I can go into more detail as it would be easy to identify those involved from the situation. I decided to leave the tent as I felt they certainly wouldn't listen to my advice, and I didn't want to end up being a witness to what would have been a very nasty accident...

The stupid thing is - I see roofers doing stuff this dangerous and worse every day. They're re-roofing the house behind mine at the moment and the roofers just wander around the 45 degree pitched roof without any kind of edge protection, harnesses, nothing! Bizarrely, this seems to count as normal, so unremarkable to the authorities.

Archived