Behringer LC2412 problem

DavidLee

I have recently installed one in a club with low budget and am experiencing the same problems.

I use All LED Fixtures and it is unacceptable as the colours never come out right with this issue.

Rubbish that Behringer can't find a compromise which works for everyone.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this was fixed in the software update anyhow?
Unless there's been another update in the last few weeks the last firmware update actually made the problem worse!

The workaround is not to use submaster memories directly but to drive them via the chase memory fader. Can't remember the details (I'm working in Zero88 mode at the moment) but you can set the LC2412 to Xfade between memories on the push of a channel flash button, with a preset xfade time, or else manually by selecting the target state by pressing a channel flash button and then crossfading into it. The instructions are all in the manual.

David

• 2 months later...

Looks like the problem has been fixed!

I last contacted Andy Cullen at Behringer last Novemember with my suggestions of how to approach the problem and in his reply he said...

Your valued and valid comments have prompted us once more to escalate the issue to our Research and Development team. We are not yet in a position to speak of any consequences, nor to give a timeframe for subsequent action - however we will get back in touch as soon we have more useful information to divulge.

Sounded a bit like the brush-off at the time but last week he did indeed get back to me offering me a firmware upgrade that he said would fix the problem - and the new EPROM has arrived in this morning's post.

Don't have any dimmer packs at home to test it properly but according to the channel monitor LEDs it does indeed have appeared to have done the trick.

Firmware revision is 1.07.00 but it's not yet available as a download on the Behringer support page so it's possible that Andy is waiting for my comments (and probably from other guinea pigs too) before releasing it generally.

No idea whether the new firmware addresses any other issues but I'll report back once I've had chance to try it out with some Multidims (which are the worst offenders with the previous firmware versions) and/or get hold of any further details from Andy regarding upgrade details or general release date. I've just emailed him asking for some further details.

Must say that Behringer support has gone up considerably in my estimation - although I suspect that the result is probably down to Andy's persistence, once given suitable ammunition to fight the customers' case!

Cheers

David

• 3 weeks later...
It's not an "update" as such, it's an EPROM chip which must be physically installed into the desk. Either wait a while, or contact Behringer directly.

Andrew Cullen gave me the impression a couple of weeks ago that there wouldn't be a problem releasing the firmware on the Behringer support website and that pre-programmed chips would be soon be available from Behringer or local service agents.

I've just sent him another email asking about timescales and I'll pass on any further info as soon as I have it

Cheers

David

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested the 1.07.00 version a little (about 30 min).

The bug about lights not going out 100% is fixed to 99% meaning it´s still possible to get some light even though there shouldn´t be. I have only tested it with Eurolite PAR56 10mm LED RGB. It could be a bug in the can:) Conclusion so far...If you don´t use anything in preset to 100% then all is ok. If you do, then there is a possibility that memory wont black out.

Short explanation:

My setup in preset channels is... channels 1-8 LED Cans RGBRGBLL, channels 9-12 regular dimmerpack not present when testing.

If I remember correctly what I did yesterday, All down except MainA, MainB and Main. I pull up preset channels 7 and 8, at 100% there was light coming out of Led cans, as little as they can but anyway, when fixing something why not do it properly?

I will do some more testing as soon as I can, maybe tonight.

I have found a to me more annoying bug, When saving memories only selected lower or upper is saved, you need to do it in two steps if you want to have more channels than 12 in a memory! Also it doesn´t save actual output but seem to save actual setting of fader!!!

How I did:

Lower bank selected, pull up channel 1

select upper bank, pull up channel 2 (14), pull down 1 (13)

select lower bank, pull down channel 2 (14)

Now you should have output on channel 1 and 14 but faders all down

Save memory, nothing is saved.

Could someone test this?

Andrew Cullen gave me the impression a couple of weeks ago that there wouldn't be a problem releasing the firmware on the Behringer support website and that pre-programmed chips would be soon be available from Behringer or local service agents.

I've just sent him another email asking about timescales and I'll pass on any further info as soon as I have it

The latest firmware is now available for download from the Behringer website.

In order to use this file you need to write it to a blank EPROM. If you don't have the ability to do this then pre-programmed EPROMs can be ordered from Behringer support or authorized service agents.

David

• 1 year later...

Apparently Behringer provide the upgrade EPROM for free through their dealers. If you are having trouble getting one try contacting Blue Aran (www.bluearan.co.uk). If you bought the desk from them they will post it for free, if not they'll just charge p+p - EPROM is free.

Thomann advertise it for sale for around £25 inc delivery to UK which is a bit extortionate for something provided for free by the manufacturer??

I promised to report back on the firmware upgrade once I had had chance to use it - looks as though I forgot to do so.

The LC2412 console belongs to a small drama company who perform in a small village hall where mercifully I only get dragged in (much against my better judgement) once or twice a year! I finally got to use the console again back in March and I can confirm that the firmware fix has solved the problem and I was able to run a simple show using only submaster memories with no problems at all.

Cheers

David

Archived