Rental Management Software

johnhuson

Guest lightnix
I would like to point out at this point I have no ties to this company other than they write the software package that we use! I have noticed recently a couple of threads about people starting hire businesses, and also noticed a few people on here who may be interested.

For those of you who are interested more information is available from Navigator Systems

I have no ties with Navigator either, but would also recommend it - having known the people behind it since they first started developing it, while working for a (now defunct) lighting hire company :stagecrew:

Their systems, while not cheap, are certainly tried and tested.

Hey Johnhuson, can you send me the rental desk prog with the license for more than 40 types of equipment?

I've a problem, I want to set every type of cable as a typpe of equipment, so 40 is not enough...

Thank you very much...

Regards NICK

I would like to point out at this point I have no ties to this company other than they write the software package that we use!

Why would I be able to send it to you?

You might have more luck visting the Navigator Systems website and buying online.

EDIT: Link added.

Guys,

with all due respect lets not be tight about this Rental Desk for a one user license is £249 and if you buy it once downloaded, nearer £200.

This is exceptionally good value for software that offers what Rental Desk does, my only personal down side is that it doesn't organise crew and transport.

Sorry, but £200 is no money at all for software that has the capabilities this has, so if you still want it for free, you really do need to look elsewhere.

On the same subject. Does anyone know of anything roughly the same price as Rental Desk that DOES have the crewing and transport facilities?

• 1 year later...

Hi all. Hopefully by dredging up an old topic, someone can help :-)

I am just setting up EJ3 to trial and wanted some help with a couple of questions.

1) Quotations. Is it possible to load up a set of gear and then generate a quotation with prices- without having to calculate job costs and make an invoice etc?

2) Packages of gear - dimmer rack, etc. Do I want to do as follows- create individual items first (e.g 12U Rack / 3x 12ch Dimmer / 3phase power distro) and then create another item "36ch dimmer rack" which has (I forget the exact term) components? Or do I create a "package" ?

Cheers

David

Hi

Yes you can generate proposals without invoiceing ect

And yes you do add all the parts to a dimmer rack, note anything that needs testing/inspection pat ect must be in as a device

Eg if you have 12 par 64's they would be in as one item with 12 devices

And why are u trying ej3 when a demo of ej4 can be downloaded

I'm using EJ3 at the moment because I was under the impression that I could run EJ3 indefinately but with a limit on the jobs, since the company I am trying it out for (alongside the normal paper system) doesn't do that many gigs per week I thought it would be better to use the EJ3.

What are the limitations of EJ4 demo- isn't it time limited??

Also please can you explain how to do quotations/ proposals with pricing?

Cheers

David

I'll go in reverse:

With proposals, to get the price to come through you obviously need to have prices against the items, and have set a number of days for the hire. You then need to go to the cost planner tab on the job. About 2 thirds down the job cost planner tab you will have a box with an accept button next to it. You can click this to get a figure into the Job total box. Or you can type your own figure in there. On the right hand top third of the cost planner there should be a box with a percentage in it- this is used to apply % discounts to equipment only (ticking the box locks the % event if additional items are added), and the white box with the currency figure in it is to enable you to post currency discounts- say to give a £10 off.

Once there is a figure in there, it should then show up in the proposals. Once accepted, then if you add more kit the figure will stay the same until you click the accept button again.

I think the EJ4 Demo is limited to the 30 projects the same as EJ3.

Archived