Rental Management Software

johnhuson

Just been browsing the website of the company that supplies our rental management software, and I noticed that they are now offering their basic package Rental Desk, free of charge but with limitations of only 40 types of equipment and 100 customers.

I would like to point out at this point I have no ties to this company other than they write the software package that we use! I have noticed recently a couple of threads about people starting hire businesses, and also noticed a few people on here who may be interested.

For those of you who are interested more information is available from Navigator Systems

Many thanks for the link. We're currently considering investing in some hire management software soon so I'd be very interested in peoples opinions / experiences of software available / currently in use in the industry.

Many thanks,

Iain

Another option to try might be EasyJob from Protonic Software. Again we're not linked to them other than owning the software. It's about £1000 for a 5 client license, but the demo is free. It's a very easy package to get working and use, and the guys at Protonic do the support thing really well.

Protonic Software

I second that , the peeps at protonic are great at supporting , if you think of an fetaure that isint there and will benerfit other usersers they add it.

other parts like mobile sync and a pocket pc vershon, and outlook sync its a great pice of softwhere

Again we're also not linked to them other being end users

... EasyJob from Protonic Software. .. but the demo is free.

The demo may be free, but are you allowed to run your business forever on the demo version?

Best I can tell, thats exactly what Navigator are doing: a limited scale but full function package at no charge. Obviously, they're assuming that as you grow you'll buy some licences to enable you to get past its limits.

Bit of an unusual and bold move in the vertical software business this, kudos to Navigator.

Of course not! The Licensed version can support as many as you need.

EasyJob worked out to be very cost effective. It's £1220 ish for the 5 user license. Whereas HireTrack is considerably more. When we were looking into the software, it worked out cheapest, especially considering the add ons to get hiretrack to deal with PAT which is built into EasyJob. It's also very scalable, and Protonic will go to great lengths to help you out.

Hence why we went for the Protonic Option.

If your going to try and sell it- all the options that the above packages offer, plus free unlimited technical support? And an unlimited user license for £100. Why not download the demos and see what thye are like to give you a flavour of what most companies need.

That said if your writing a DB for your own use, then all it needs to do is be flexible to be grown as your business demands, and do everything you need in a way you need!

the program is being written for a large compan so is therefore in three user levels Lighting/sound/Manager

the lighting and sound users can view a prep list, view stock list to see what is in stock, and view a diary to see what I coming up

manager can add stock items, add customers, add orders and add diary entry's

this is a basic program,. which should be up and running (and maybe on the blueroom) fairly soon

obviosly other levals could be added I.e Backline and Av

• 2 years later...

Hey Johnhuson, can you send me the rental desk prog with the license for more than 40 types of equipment?

I've a problem, I want to set every type of cable as a typpe of equipment, so 40 is not enough...

Thank you very much...

Regards NICK

Just been browsing the website of the company that supplies our rental management software, and I noticed that they are now offering their basic package Rental Desk, free of charge but with limitations of only 40 types of equipment and 100 customers.

I would like to point out at this point I have no ties to this company other than they write the software package that we use! I have noticed recently a couple of threads about people starting hire businesses, and also noticed a few people on here who may be interested.

For those of you who are interested more information is available from Navigator Systems

Archived