Help sourcing a FOH system to buy

Mr.Si

Cheers Furry,

Dont spose you know who handle's used sales there do you?

Think you'd be best talking to Spencer, failing that Jimmy would be your man. Just be warned Spencer can be a hard man to track down though. Their number is 01932 566777

Hope you get what you're looking for - let us know

Furry

As for Josh, I wasn't having a go just wanted make sure it wasn't a straight sales pitch. Heard some of the smaller Cray stuff but it was probably 7 or 8 years ago - I could possibly comment on bigger gear. Interesting though.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the HK projector system will do the job fine, especially if its to be moved around alot(castors help in every situation!, except with stairs). It is also specked pretty well to your requirements, with the 18" drivers aswell.

They are a bit out of your price range new though! Prices start at £7500-£8000. I'm not sure on the condition of a second hand system for £5000.

There is a D.E.A.CON system for about £5000, which sounds more like your price range.

I Have rigged and worked with the projector before, a pretty nice system overall, I would be interested to see what people think of the deacon, It is A much newer system I believe?

Hope This Helps!

Rich

When we were looking to invest in a new high-end system a few years back, we had looked at the HK range but decided against it in favour of another German brand, Fohhn.

We recently had a visit from the HK rep, trying to push their products. Although some of their systems were reasonably good, there was definately a lack of consistency between the ranges and even between the models. Personally, I like manufacturers where you can add additional cabs of different models and maintain a consistent sound quality.

Another comment I have had from a couple of sources regards the build quality of the HK boxes in that some of them don't fair well when heavily toured. Might be an issue for your friend if they are going to see a lot of movement.

Steve

I have herd alot of very good things about fohhn, but there prices are a bit steep arnt they?

Rich

Prices are more competitive than Nexo and d&b. You can get a 2k self-powered system for under £5k that will cover an audience of up to 350-ish. And the audio quality - our customers have all been well impressed!

Only downside for the OP's spec would be rider-acceptance but I'm sure that will change as more of their kit gets out there.

Oh - and their new Xperience IV system features 18" subs as the OP requested.

Just an update!

I think I'm giving up on trying to source this system!My Budgets too small and the return even smaller!

So I just have to let the guy who does it with phillishave do it again!!

I used Cray speakers in two of my nightclubs, and I liked them a lot. I then started working with Josh and the team on an ad-hoc basis.

I have to say Cray compare very well with some of the more household names and I have been to some of the large festivals they do with Cray speakers and the sound is awesome.

Archived