Help sourcing a FOH system to buy

Mr.Si

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a friend who's looking for a decent PA system and I thought I'd ask you all on here as there's a whole host of knowledge amongst you! Here's what he said to me:

Im looking for a new FOH system,my budgets £5k amped and cabled.

I need it to have a 90 degree coverage and decent performance to 10-15m.Its mainly be used for Jazz/Blues and Rock Bands. Ideally it needs to be groundstackable and flyable.

No 15" subs please!

I dont mind it being second hand absolutely no problem with that at all,actualy id rather it was (more for my money that way).

But this system has to be by a brand,I need to meet rider's or at least offer an alternative that people will have heard of.

I await your knowledge with baited breath!

Cheers. Si

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so pleased with my smaller RCF system, that I will seriously consider this when upgrading (oops... I see you don't want 15" subs... guess 2 x 15" is out of the question then!): http://www.rcf.it/VediMacro.phtml?IDMacro=...0&m2=1&m3=0_1_5.

950 watts seems a bit underpowered for the sub, though, but I bet the system sounds incredible anyway.

Perhaps these are more suitable: http://www.rcf.it/VediMacro.phtml?IDMacro=...0&m2=1&m3=0_1_4 available here: http://www.decks.co.uk/products/speakers/rcf/rcf_4pro6001a.

Just so you know what sort of brands he's looking for:

Nexo

d&b

Turbosound

HK Audio (the better stuff)

These brands are part of the reason that 2nd hand stuff is very attractive.

No offence to RCF, but I don't think that brand is on his list.

Thanks for the links all the same though, Hambone.

You could buy a new Nexo PS10 rig with LS500 and Nexo amp for around £4.5k, IIRC, which would leave you with change for cables and a rig that would meet pretty much any rider for a gig of that size.

You could buy a new Nexo PS10 rig with LS500 and Nexo amp for around £4.5k, IIRC, which would leave you with change for cables and a rig that would meet pretty much any rider for a gig of that size.

Our Nexo PS10's sound excellent and I'd recomend them to anyone.

And you'd probably be able to shop around for a deal to beat 4.5K as well...

TD

He doesn't want them cause they don't go low enough, and that's his call.

Please, let's just not get into the 15" v 18" thing, cause it's not gonna get us anywhere. :)

I'd be happy to hear replies which conform to my friend's wishes :D

You would probably get 18" subs on a system for £5k anyway! I would look at the D&B gear, I Love it, if only I had the budget! Have a look at this system, slightly under your budget though! I would probably go with D&B speakers with lab grubben amps, that would give you a nice system!

HTH

Rich

I would probably go with D&B speakers with lab grubben amps

AFAIK D&B advise you only use their amps (D12, P1200, EPac) with their speakers as the amps have the speaker controllers and management in them. Also, D&B speakers have a 5 year guarantee which, IIRC, is voided by using other amps.

I think D&B may be over the budget though. It may be worth checking out Concert Trade's Speaker page as there is an HK system on there that may fit the spec, as well as a few other bits and bobs!

Hope this Helps.

He doesn't want them cause they don't go low enough, and that's his call.

Please, let's just not get into the 15" v 18" thing, cause it's not gonna get us anywhere. dry.gif

I'd be happy to hear replies which conform to my friend's wishes smile.gif

Not trying to start an argument-I just think Pete may be making his life harder by not considering all the options which would work for him. It is his money so it's his call at the end of the day!

Archived