All in one PA units

J Pearce

What I am looking for is one of those active speakers with a radiomic receiver built in and a stereo in (on phonos) for a cd player, and a link out to a slave speaker. Ideally the radio mic would be a handheld unit, and the speaker would have a balanced mono line in (on XLR), just in case we ever wanted to do something more ambitious with the system.

This is for a secondary PA system for my church, which is intended to be for Kids Church which meets once a month and for any meetings in the other rooms of our building that require a CD and microphone.

It needs to be set-up-able by a complete novice, hence the reason I am looking for a completely integrated solution.

Anyone seen one or used one? Got any recommendations?

Thanks

Jon

Hi

This sound's perfect.

You can buy it from here

You could pair it up with this if you wanted the two speakers

It is really nice system, my problem is that the tape player takes up room were an internal CD player would have been more handy, but its not the end of the world. I'm not sure whether you can buy It with the wireless receiver built in from there you will have to do some scouting around. The system does not come with the cassette deck or wireless receiver as standard, they are optional.

Rich

Hmm - Coomber - kit so ugly that nobody would ever want to nick it. Ideal for education :o

Another option - which I've never tried - might be the DB Technologies Opera Modular which is an active speaker, with various modules that plug in - one of which is a UHF receiver.

From the description, the inputs are jack and XLR, which means you'd need an adaptor cable to connect dual phonos...

Bruce.

Hmm - Coomber - kit so ugly that nobody would ever want to nick it. Ideal for education :o

...and it sounds so shocking that no one in their right mind would buy it! (My teaching colleagues by this definition {and possibly others} are insane, they keep asking why I don't buy them some)

Over in Menorca, we had 2 types of unit that might fit your application.

One was called the Anchor Liberty

These things also run on batteries all day in a speech application. Popular out my way at agricultural shows... expensive though.

Hi

We sell these: http://www.soundranger.com/products/compact2c.html

... and we have 20 of them in hire stock.

PM me if you need more info.

They go for about 12 hours on a charge (medium levels of playback). You dont have to use them off (internal) battery, they take mains also.

We have them as hand held or lavalier radio systems... we also have a couple of headsets.

The unit allows you to add an additional wired mic and has aux inputs for tape/CD.

Cheers

Mark

I was looking at the dB Opera Modular, and if it had the phono ins and a slightly more equipped mixer I would be recommending it. However I really want to avoid all cables and adaptors. This system has to be dead simple, and be running in about 5 mins when set up by a novice, the only cable I want to have is a stereo minijack to double phono to plug in a portable CD player, and the mains cables.

Mark - Those look like a possibility, but the website doesn't really show them well. The sound doesn't have to be fantastic, but it has to be listenable. The looks in this application are perhaps slightly more significant.

We won't be doing any serious stuff with these, just CD and talking on a mic.

After nosing around the dB technologies site I have found the opera 110 mobile, which looks like it should fit the bill perfectly. Many thanks for everyones suggestions, I will need to submit 3 quotes, so having many ideas helps me a lot.

If anyone has anything to add, I'm still open to suggestions.

I'm pretty sure TOA also do something, but I can't find details on their website of the one I'm thinking of.... The one on their website (HERE) looks a little basic. There is also a version with built-in cassette. Not sure about CD.

There was also something similar available from smartsounddirect.com - who advertise a lot in various music mags. Can't remember the details, but it came in a shopping-trolley-type package.

Bruce.

edit: Also check out www.canford.co.uk under products > loudspeakers >portable powered systems. Several options there, including Anchor, TOA and Chiayo. Whoever they are...

It is worth taking a look at the following range of products

http://www.fohhn.com/php/?pid=122

We've got many happy customers using these. I've tried a number of the other systems mentioned but nothing really comes close in terms of quality.

Various models to choose from with different features. Should be one to suit your needs. We've had customers using the FP2 in rooms with up to 300 people. The FP2 can also be attached to the FP2-Slave for enhanced coverage. All units can also be fitted with 1 or 2 Radio Microphone receivers if required.

PM me if you would like more info on these.

Steve

Have you looked at the Carlsboro Wanderer . Runs from mains or battery comes with radio mic , built in receiver , cd player and cassette player . It can take 2 additional mics and it has a line out . It comes with castors and a handle to pull it about with .

Archived