All in one PA units

J Pearce

StevieR's post reminds me that the day I went to Sounds Expo this year, there was a major power cut for quite a while, and the stall that had most interest was Fohhn's!

I fear I sent you down the wrong road in my last post, battery operation may not be what you need.

Why not look at some powered speakers, eg EV SXA100+? These have mic and line in. Then they can also be used for other things about the Church, eg monitors.

Edit: Doh, no radio mic, ignore that then!

Browsing through the latest flyer from Thomann, I noticed THIS. 75w, built-in CD, tape and UHF radio mic. Mains or rechargable. Output for external speaker, and a handle and wheels...

http://www.thomann.de/prodbilder/the_box_mba75w_pimx_168973.jpg

• 3 months later...

After some upgrades to our main system we have 2 speakers spare, we have just bought a second smaller desk as a backup, and we have a ton of cable left over from our community centre days. We also have plenty surplus mics.

So it has been decided to put together a system using this, buying only an amp, for which we have a source.

Many thanks for your help, at some stage this system may be bought anyway, so I have passed details onto the head of tech. (As I will be departing in 6/7 months).

Thanks again

Archived