Ebay Find

benweblight

Saw this earlier:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-DMX-Flamin...=item51920077de

Just wondering if this unit is actually legal for sale in the UK?

As it uses DMX for the firing I'd assume there's no fail-safe and the chance of mis-firing?

PS:

Not considering purchasing this item...but if it is as I think illegal then should be reported to ebay.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think last time this came up we all concluded we secretly wanted one!

Free post to New Zealand..... Temptation..... Drool.....

Anyone know what type of gas canisters this thing uses? The machine can be air shipped, but gas cannisters cant :angry:

I cant recall any threads recently about specific products, but do remember a thread where is was concluded that DMX should NOT be used for pyro effects due to the DMX protocol not being specced for it, and the fact there are no fail-safes within the protocol for it.

Having said that, a quick search shows that there are people who do successfully and safely use DMX in such a manner.

(this one is the first that popped up http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=14085)

OK I Have used these before and was seriously NOT impresed......... a better item is the Spray Masters from Pyrojunkies or verious companys in germany. They also use DMX but with the additoion of a dead mans handle in the power line are very safe. The workman ship on the e-bay items is so shoddy I would not use them if they where 50 meters away from a crowed and the fact you can only import the "PROPER oil" from china kind of negates the Cheep price of the units. My advice is buy quality, buy safty, and buy this side of the globe.

Rob.

Archived