Desk And Dimmers For Installation

dominicgross

the pacifics are easy to maintain,give a good light output,fairly lightweight and the heatsink grills salmon a treat so im told

They also grill your arms.

They are also "strange" to focus apparently. Think you can end up with the gel frame in the beam, or something like that (cant remember exactly what I was told).

They are also "strange" to focus apparently. Think you can end up with the gel frame in the beam, or something like that (cant remember exactly what I was told).

nope aint come across that,must try harder.

were using the 23/50's with 1kw bases cant think off any problems with them,apart from I want some more :o

Does it do it as nicely as a CP60 can does a cheese toastie

sounds like a challenge :P

Ooooooooh a Blue Room PLASA Cook off?

Anyway, back on topic. Dominic, are you going to PLASA? I think you should go around and just see what is available from the manufacturers. Try not to be attracted by just the big flashy stands. At the end of the day, if the company has a huge budget for these shows, they're making too much money....IMHO anyway.

I'm at PLASA on monday or tuesday, and going down to the pub...

Is there any reason why the price tag on the strands is so much higher than the 88's and others?? (apart fro the higher spec...)

We have a couple of pacifics in our existing stock - I have a scar on my hand proving the cookery theory.

Thanks for all the advise guys, it's now just a matter of finding out whats the chief counts as a necessity!! But the general opinion is to go strand not zero?

Is there any reason why the price tag on the strands is so much higher than the 88's and others??  (apart fro the higher spec...)

More staff to cover costs for, bigger manufacturing sites, more overheads

etc etc

The normal kind of stuff!

But the list price can be quite often barterd down to a slightly more realistic level! :o

Stu

As far as desks go, avoid Illusion like the plague. I'd go for a 300 or 500 series - and haggle well on price.

As for dimmers, to a large degree a dimmer's a dimmer. If LD90s or Sensors or some other fancy thing etc. are being specced then ask why - over a cheaper dimmer - and decide whether it's for the right reasons.

LD90s are, I'm told, on "offer" at the moment - so are equivalent in price to less-grown-up dimmers. Well worth considering.

I like SL mk2s. Most of the horror stories are to do with SL mk1s. (PS: can anyone lend me an impact driver to fix this one?)

Is it really time to resurrect the cooking with lights topic. As you'lll be aware, I am the master of this art. Blackwrap with salmon in...lovely.

Archived