Any Ideas?

willpower

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With respect, willpower, you don't seem to be fully taking on board what has been said. It's not just a case of finding "an adult" to push the button, it's finding a competent one, i.e. one that has knowledge, experience and (preferably) training in pyrotechnics and their safe use. They don't grow on trees and you'll probably have to hire one, for money, if you want to be at least 99% confident that everything is safe and legal.

A lot of people are using CO2 / compressed air-driven confetti effects in place of pyro these days; they're not completely risk-free, but far safer to use than pyros (especially indoors). The initial burst is over in a fraction of a second, but the effect can last for ages, as the confetti flutters gently to the floor over several seconds. Use glitter confetti, or maybe fluorescent confetti with a UV wash and you have the potential for a pretty and "big-looking" effect.

The caretakers probably won't love you for it, though :** laughs out loud **:

Thank you for the concern lightnix, but I have taken on board what has been said. I hear what your saying about getting a competant adult to operate the pyros, and have one in mind. My school is linked with an amateur dramatic society who have their own trained pyrotechnician who is part of the society. I had him in mind when I said I would get a competant adult to fire them.

On the other hand I greatly appreciate your comment about the CO2 confetti effects, and have been considering using them already. I know of a company that sells hand held confetti shooters, that we could have a couple of crew members firing. However, if someone could advise me where to get the ones that lightnix suggested, I would prefer to use those ones as you could choose the type of confetti for them and they'll probably fire further (we have a very large room to fill!).

As for clearing it up at the end, we have an abundance of 6th form prefects who have nothing better to do than set out the chairs again while we all clear up, so I dont think the caretakers (or porters as we call them - stupid posh school thing!!) will mind if we've cleared it up!

Many thanks

edit:

sorry, I'm being foolish! just found a whole load of previous threads about confetti cannons! Will look there, dont worry!

Guest lightnix

With respect, willpower...

Thank you for the concern lightnix... My school is linked with an amateur dramatic society who have their own trained pyrotechnician who is part of the society. I had him in mind when I said I would get a competant adult to fire them.

That's great to know. Pardon the tone of my previous post - it's just that not everybody who posts here takes such a responsible view or has such easy access to the right kind of person :** laughs out loud **:

Archived