Cable for head worn mics

Lamplighter

I am looking to replace the very fragile cable on a number of headworn mics. I had a supply of 2.5mm rubber covered screened cable which did the job very well. This supply is now exhausted and I am seeking a suitable replacement. The usual suspects, CPC, RS etc don't have anything suitable and it doesn't seem to come up in previous posts. Ideas anyone.

Brian

Canford list a Mogami cable that might do the job for you. Page 215 of the 2004/5 catalogue, Part number 30-910.

What I want to know is...."how do you wear out the cables before actor sweat totally destroys the capsule"?

;)

Bob

I've used Proel install mic cable , the thin stuff, for head mics . It's a bit bigger in diameter but seems to work ok . From experience , if the capsule survives the sweat usually corrodes the screen . All it takes is a little nick in the sheath . Most of the mics I've repaired have come from aerobic studios . Otherwise the belt pack gets dropped and the cable acts as a fall arrest device .

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you...thank you. Reading a blue catalogue is a collaborative effort and I'd just like to thank the members of the academy, my mum and dad,....and all the other....

HEY! WHAT'S THAT HOOK THING? HELP MEEEEeeeeeeeee.....

• 10 months later...

Archived