Scenic cloths

Fresh from panto production meeting, I find that we need a couple of cloths that haven't yet been located. I gather the director has looked at all of the on-line scenic suppliers (he tells me) (though I'll be double checking myself) and can't find what he's looking for, so I appeal to the wisdom of the forum....!

We need a quay-side scene overlooking the harbour and one showing the inside of the hold of a sailing ship. (The panto's Robinson Crusoe, btw)

They'll need to be around 25 to 30 feet wide, and 16 or 17 feet high.

Anyone got any tucked away in their stores? Pictures would be appreciated if so.

Thanks

TD

Check out Clifford and Brown

<clears throat>

C & B are about 2 miles from our theatre doors!!

We have one to look at from them, I believe, but it's not quite what the director wants. They also tend to be larger cloths than we can use.

The other we have on order from border, with others (we usually use Border as their sizes tend to suit our stage better) but again it's not quite right.

Thanks for the thought though.

TD

:unsure: {snip} (again). There is really no need to quote the entire previous post each time you have something to say. Please use the Add Reply button instead.

;)

No problem!

I know the guys there very well - worked with them on shows for years as well as hiring stuff occasionally.

TD

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thescenedoc.co.uk/ try them, I know the bloke fairly well, it is down in deepest darkest Dorset but they do fairly good stuff from what I remember. speak to dick cafe and say russell from the tivoli recommended and see what he has. from what I remember there are pictures of pretty much all his cloths on the site.

good luck. :)

Archived