What Speaker? (not The Guy At The Lecturn)

mark b

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

That would be true Peter. I find them incredibly easy to use, and very nice sounding. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do the SRM450s not have a couple of dedicated flying points, I've read that some of the Mackie range (quite possibly the smaller powered range) have them.

Paul -

I seem to remember we have had this discussion before :)

(and at the moment I'm wishing I had a set of powered speakers for sunday)

(100m run of speaker cable..... :D )

(probably will have satellite amplifier but am wary about going down that route.... as this will make it exposed to the public - well the lid will be on the flightcase but... anyway...)

But either side of the stage I have two sx300's flown on 5m T bar - It's all I can do to fly them out and besides 2x24 KG would overload most powerdrives. :blink:

Next gig I do I might give them a try...

(obviously with the intention of buying a pair if they work out nice...)

(however some gigs I do the hire charge alone for a pair would send me under. :()

I like quite a few manufacturers nexo stuff is always top and I love the eaw kf850 stuff. Ive recently been using d&b c7 and c4 stuff and I have to say its amazing sounds awesome. But still my fave is the good old turbosound tse range for some reason ive always loved it and I think I always will. :(

** laughs out loud ** at least you get the advantage of flying!

Try ground stacking lots and lots of old court black box... or Hill M6's :(

Sound wise, well I like others LOVE d&b my tiny little pocket doesn't stretch that far... Although I have heard the Audio Performance stuff and that is amazing!

Then again there are so many good quality speakers, some old and some new... some heavy and some light... But each have their uses and are more suited for different applications...

Grr I'm sounding all knowledgable and technical - thats just not good..

Next gig I do I might give them a try...

(obviously with the intention of buying a pair if they work out nice...)

(however some gigs I do the hire charge alone for a pair would send me under. :P)

Maybe you should put your prices up James???? :(

Power cubes by malcom hill are nice to make the ears bleed, but also have crystial clear sound.... also rate the D&B rigs having said that any rig is only as good as the Eng on FOH (have heard them sounding peachy but also farting like made nearly went and battered the FOH for clipping the inputs but then it was not my rig).....have also used the Deltec range of speakers the BX speaker man that can quite easily deafen the folks next door as a Hi-Fi!! :(

Archived