Gel exchange

woody74

I was wondering if anyone has a site, chart or other that gives you comparable exchange listings for gels (L126=R49, L181=R382, etc...)?

Lee certainly make one, I think it's called the 'pocket edition'?

If you ring White Light or your local supplier then they'll post you one for free.

I was under the impression that Lee and Rosco 001-100 were designed to be similar to each other, though weren't close enough to be mixed in a rig . Beyond that, don't Lee do a poster which compares Gam, Rosco and Lee? I've a feeling I ordered one from the web-enquiry page on their site some years ago.

As for L181 - if you haven't got any, you could always just use a UV cannon... ;) B-) :P

As James C said (nice to see you James!) Lee do a nice full colour poster which shows which of their gels is the best match for a particular Rosco or GAM colour. As they had some at the ABTT show I expect if you give them a call they would be able to send you one - or wait a few weeks and pop down to the PLASA show and aquire one there!

Some of the '00' range match across Lee and Rosco, but not all. For instance, L003 is Lavender Tint and #03 is Dark Bastard Amber but L004 and #04 are both Medium Bastard Amber.

As for E-colour, well I believe thats just Lee colours (not the 700 range mind) with Lee numbers but made by Rosco. Could be wrong mind...

Stu

I don't use rosco gel often, but correct me if I'm wrong is the e-colour range not mainly rosco colours with lee numbers?

actualy I think its the other way around lee stole roscos numbers and coppied there colours. this is the way it was described to me.

I don't think you can steal a number but anyways, they all based their numbers on Strand's original range.

Archived