SWAG

timperrett

Not quite Swag From an Exhibition (Mussorgsky's less well known work) but a certain distributor of audio hardware used to do an occasional 'spend £2,000 and get a case of wine' offer. When you're building a couple of TV studios it's amazing how much you can spend with one supplier ;) Like 20 cases worth B-) :D :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not quite Swag From an Exhibition (Mussorgsky's less well known work) but a certain distributor of audio hardware used to do an occasional 'spend £2,000 and get a case of wine' offer. When you're building a couple of TV studios it's amazing how much you can spend with one supplier  ;) Like 20 cases worth  B-)  :D  :D

Would that be Marquee Audio? I was fortunate enough to be doing a bit of work at my local venue when they had the annual "swag raffle" over Christmas, and Marquee were the real stars of the day having provided a couple of very nice mixed cases (I got two bottles and a couple of t-shirts out of the day! ;)).

Has to be the old Turbosound T-Shirts which simply said

TURBOSOUND - #### me that's loud!

Classic. They stopped doing them a few years back when they got bought by a big, humourless American company.

But generally any useful swag such as my old SOundcraft Swiss Army knife, Turbosound Maglite, Marquee Audio shoulder bag or waterproof hooded smock.

In general the best is left for those who spend the most and bizarrely know companies try to out do themselves by making their top end swag nice and the logos very discrete.

Get on a good world tour and then you'll see quality swag

Still those days are gone now - boo hoo!

Furry

#### me! I didn't realise this was a humourless forum as well!

Censored!

What about free speech?

Anyway the offending word started with an F and sounds like "duck"

Moderation Note: Please use the edit function to add additional information to a post when it is the last on the thread at time of posting. Thanks.

Firther moderation note : it's not that we're ####ing humourless - it's our ####ing 'obsecnity filter' doing its thing automatically.

Sorry if its an automated humour control device then I apologise for any offence my comment may have caused. Doesn't it have an off button?

Moderation : unnecessary formatting tags removed - all they were achieving was to make your post harder to read.

Sorry if its an automated humour control device then I apologise for any offence my comment may have caused. Doesn't it have an off button?

No, it's not a "humour control device", it's an obscenity filter - which, surprisingly enough, filters out obscenities from posts on the BR. See this topic for further information and discussion. It knows more rude words than you can possibly imagine, and blanks them out if it finds them in posts. It doesn't have an off-button. Well, it does, but we're not going to press it just for one person who doesn't like it - if you really can't get by without cussing and swearing in your posts, then I'm afraid to say that perhaps the BR isn't the forum for you.

If you have any more questions or comments concerning the opoeration of the forum, please ask/make them in the appropriate place, i.e. the Issues forum.

Wish I could say that the swag I have is interesting or cool! - the coolest bit of swag I have was bought from here! (BR Maglite with the BLUE LED bit).

I do like my HK Audio "most important answers for sound engineers" t-shirt, it gets a lot of wear. - on a mission to introduce the concept that the mixes we do at church are not "Loud", our FOH speakers don´t know that word.

My HK Audio touring wind breaker is very good, it´s practical, light, keeps one incredibly warm for its weight and it is Audio Swag!

We contemplated getting some stuff done with our logo on.

One idea was to get some mints/ breath fresheners done. You know those tiny pieces of plastic like stuff that you stick on your tongue which gives you a minty taste sensation!

well we looked at getting some of those made with our logo on the box and then made in the company colours.

cool idea at first until we got some samples sent through - it seems unless you bought the wrigley's version the rest taste like poo!

we didn't get any in the end....

anyways my best bit of recent SWAG was a MakePovertyHistory Lanyard with a Bottle opener on the end! which was better than just another Lanyard to add to the pile.

Si,

If anyone's looking for ideas, on a website that sold customisable 'swag' I saw some "your company logo here" condoms...

Best swag (worst swag ever) 2 pallets; 1 of beer 1 of spirits, why they let the crew (of 4) take a 7.5ton to the derig when it all went in a 3.5 to start with I don't know... Left over from a birthday celebration and we did not see that crew for a few weeks and pity the poor lucky *** who hosted the party that flat was never the same!

Archived