Cans compatibility

Hi,

I've had a search around, but can't see a topic discussing this...

I am looking at getting some used Metro Audio beltpacks, and was wondering if these are compatible with our current Tecpro system? I've tried to find info on the Internet, but I can't find the Metro Audio website, or any pictures of these beltpacks. Are they old/discontinued/should not be touched with barge poles?

Yes, they're compatible. IIRC, Metro Audio became Stonewood a few years ago - the same products rebadged. They're perfectly good pieces of kit - perhaps not quite up to TecPro standards, but more than adequate for most needs.

Thanks gareth, I've found the info on the Stonewood site. I'm trying to add to a tecpro system on a budget, so I thought I'd get some used Metro beltpacks and some lightweight ASL headsets (£41 from 10outof10).

I had a chat with a lad at AC, who deals with the comms side of things, and he said that the ASL packs are the same as the Tecpro packs, and so are the Cans. Never tried it though, so as usual, just my 2p's worth

Archived