Radio mic interfering with venue alarm.

Anyone had experience with radio mic setting off the venue alarm.

the alarm has an anti jamming option to stop intruders disconnecting  the passives from the control box this runs on 868 Mhz 

the radio mic is running on 865 Mhz and sets the alarm off.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J Pearce said:

It’s quite possible that the venue’s transmitters on 868 are intermodulating with your 865, or that the filters on their 868 are wide enough to pick up your 865.

My experience of the quality of far too much 868 kit makes it unfit for purpose. If anything like the 433MHz modules then almost no RF filtering.

It's alright saying 'it meets the spec' but...

I'm still amazed fire alarm manufacturers/installers attempt to go wireless with the amount of problems which will only get worse.

My similar experience in a hotel resulted in me going VHF and found the receivers being swamped by telemetry (unknown source). It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the demand for radiomics changes when they realise they are not the be-all and end-all🙂

Edited by sunray
  • Funny 1

This is interesting. I have not seen radio mics do this but I have seen mobile phones do it. 

I know 868Mhz is part of the GSM (2G) network and is also use by alarm installers for alarms to contact call centres as well. I have seen an alarm set itself off over this as the mobile coverage is bad on 3G,4G and 5G so it looks at 2G(GSM) to contact the call centre. This is a community hall and not to far from me and when they do plays and it full of people the alarm as know to go off.