Behringer MX802A - missing power cable

YESTERTECH

We have one of the above mixers from which the power cable has been lost. The rear of the mixer has a round 3 pin male connector, about 20mm dia with a threaded exterior. Its reminiscent of the connectors used on the old RESLO mics.

The label warns 'use the supplied PSU only'  - This is an AC supply but there are no clues as to voltage

All our on hand orphaned  'walwarts' are DC of varying volts , with the usual coaxial type connectors

I can always change the connector, but first I have to find out the input voltage ! Anyone got one of these to check ?  

Type MX802A power supply into Ebay and buy one based in the UK. Other options may work but for a small amount of money just do it. Sometimes it is not worth trying to save a fiver.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure if you misconstrued but I think the previous poster is trying to tell you one in the ebay link wont work as it's a single ended supply.

You need a centre-tapped ac supply. IE 3-wire 18-0-18 (or 18.5..)  sometimes known as an AC36VCT. It's actually a 36V ac secondary with a centre tap.

You can buy them from Behringer dealers for very little money, around £20

In fact when I needed one for my own personal Phonic mixer it was cheaper to buy the behringer one as the spec was identical.

Edited by KevinE

Thanks Understood.  I opened the mixer to check the config. and as you say its 18-0-18 feeding a bridge rec. and then some +/- 15v regulators so that checks out.

I found this one which looks correct, albeit for a different model.  500mA rated which I imagine is plenty big enough ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145769219747?itmmeta=01HXVN3P5VK7T89WEQRJQHAJEN&hash=item21f085c6a3:g:a6UAAOSwksJmPgQg&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwI1oWVIKPfNNe7SMPW7bWHOHLYuPqXCokt1qDnNalmHcOHSjkXB%2FFlUiY02%2B8RvIp6h%2BYkMPBMjk2WCwltM63UfVE9c2cd9szhdiNQy154eFRO9%2BbggO8v5ZwhQAywnXN8Kkteo9FIqzOeUebeiT3K9DuBk49DbOJltU2Y6bUXs9O9P52F3Kx2UaqYJxmTLpmkHD6jeOAL5lzNS271T804IdpX4rLQrcM%2BKv3tvsJ9Nm4r3qo3Tv9jwTrZ4Az6zFkQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4LjjvXuYw

3 hours ago, KevinE said:

Not sure if you misconstrued but I think the previous poster is trying to tell you one in the ebay link wont work as it's a single ended supply.

You need a centre-tapped ac supply. IE 3-wire 18-0-18 (or 18.5..)  sometimes known as an AC36VCT. It's actually a 36V ac secondary with a centre tap.

You can buy them from Behringer dealers for very little money, around £20

In fact when I needed one for my own personal Phonic mixer it was cheaper to buy the behringer one as the spec was identical.

How long ago was it £20?

A couple of years ago it was cheaper to buy a 'new other' Xenyx 802 (different to OP) on Ebay than a genuine new PSU (and yes it really was 'new other')