Strand LD 90 Error code

GED

Hi all, I’ve just replaced the controller unit on a Strand LD90 (including swapping the EEPROM from the old unit to the replacement unit)

when turned on I get the error message:

error 06023

the rest of the info is AN RECTIFY=4.2v.

Does anyone know what it means.

thanks

The description for code 6023 is Analogue Rectifier Failed. I think this refers to the Analogue Precision Rectifier which takes all of the multiplexed analogue inputs into the processor chip. This is IC 40 etc. and this suggests it has failed its self test. Looking at the schematic it could be the chip or its associated passives, or the dummy load that the processor puts on it during self test. I can probably repair it for you and I have some spare processors here. Why did you swap it in the first place?

By the way, if Kazeja chimes in that I've got it all wrong then listen to him, not me, as I've never actually seen that fault! Just working it out from the fuzzy schematic.

21 minutes ago, GED said:

Thanks DrV

I swapped the control unit because the previous one failed. 

Your comments have given me a way forward thanks

If you need the original processor repaired then let me know.