Paint pens and silver sharpies etc.

bruce

I tend to write my initials and phone number in sharpie on the back of small bits of kit - mains extensions, DIs, that sort of thing. It's really just to ID them when packing up, and also a hope that should I leave something behind, it'll eventually get back to me. It's not a "security thing", as it'll come off with a wipe of solvent.

I've always used black sharpie on light coloured items, and silver on black. However, the most recent silver sharpie I bought seemed different from previous ones. The ink took ages to dry, and even a day later would still smudge if rubbed. I don't remember previous ones being like that.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a white/silver marker or paint pen that works well in this situation.

30 minutes ago, bruce said:

I tend to write my initials and phone number in sharpie on the back of small bits of kit - mains extensions, DIs, that sort of thing. It's really just to ID them when packing up, and also a hope that should I leave something behind, it'll eventually get back to me. It's not a "security thing", as it'll come off with a wipe of solvent.

I've always used black sharpie on light coloured items, and silver on black. However, the most recent silver sharpie I bought seemed different from previous ones. The ink took ages to dry, and even a day later would still smudge if rubbed. I don't remember previous ones being like that.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a white/silver marker or paint pen that works well in this situation.

I've fought the same thing with silver so started using gold.

I've not been able to find white from usual suppliers for a while. 

Posca oil based white pens are the work of the devil and are too easily mistaken for chalk pens. You will have to re-spray a peli case black if you make that mistake and write “I love Peter” all over a colleagues’ peli case when they are about to go on tour with a certain Australian singing soap star. She missed the one on the handle and I don’t think I’ve been forgiven yet…

• Funny 2

Thanks Jon @J Pearce

Looks like it's a "paint pen" I need rather than sharpie.

Is there any particular one you use - CPC has an Ambersil one and two different types of Edding ones - the 790 series and 750.

https://cpc.farnell.com/ambersil/6190050001/paint-marker-pen-white-3mm-nib/dp/LM00709

https://cpc.farnell.com/edding/790-049/paint-marker-white/dp/LM00958

https://cpc.farnell.com/edding/750-049/marker-paint-white/dp/LM00338