Behringer B208D Input Board Vol Pot

DanSteely

Hi all,

A simple question:

Where is the best place to source a replacement input pot for a Behringer B208D speaker?

The pot has 3 terminals (+2 solder fixing lugs) and on the board, measures around 80KΩ, which probably means it's an 100K pot.

Many thanks.

Dan

With high volume manufacturers like Behringer, pots are often slightly custom versions of standard parts from the likes of ALPS. If you buy half a million pots you can have any combination of value, spindle length, spindle style, orientation etc. you want. Can you post a picture of it? It might be a standard one.

Off the board the resistance of the track measures 87K ohm.

With the wiper in the mid position the middle pin to the end terminals measures 54k + 46k  (bear in mind the pot is extremely crunchy which is why I need to replace it)
I would say it's probably a linear taper. 

From the PCB to the top of the shaft measures 30.8mm. the body of the pot has an 11x11mm footprint approx.
The 3 terminals are on 2.5mm centers.

The only number on the pot is 48104VH (and yes I've Googled it..)

Going back to my original question.  Why doesn't Behringer/Musicgroup have a parts department for bits like this?

P1140412 (Large).JPG

If it's a feedback resistor it's probably got DC across it, hence the crunchy sound (my old Seck mixer used the same technique for the mic trim-pots). You've presumably already tried a squirt of cough-medicine?

Thanks all for your help and suggestions on this.

The Alps one with the 28.8 shaft looks like a good bet.

BTW: I tried the cheap and the expensive cough medicine but neither helped.

Speaking of Seck: I have a first generation Soundcraft Spirit 16/3 that I think was a rebadged Seck. It had a very odd EQ that boosted the HF when cut the LF.

Back to my why don't Behringer sell spares directly question.  Is this the same issue if you need spares for Lab Gruppen, Midas,  KT, etc?

17 hours ago, DanSteely said:

Back to my why don't Behringer sell spares directly question.  Is this the same issue if you need spares for Lab Gruppen, Midas,  KT, etc?

...because they build product in large batches in China. To keep back a small selection of every part so people can buy a single replacement pot, I can understand why they don't offer that facility, it would be very expensive and time consuming for them. They would much rather you bin the product and buy a new one and many people will.

Good question about the more "pro" range products, I don't know, but I suspect the answer depends on if it's a bulk far-east product like M32 or one of the existing professional ranges which they have taken over.