Crew Names

Umm, its not actually for me, someone else was asking the other day and I couldn't think of anything!! Zaphod, I think you are along the right lines- something nice, simplen and informitive. The problem with putting a place name is thought it sometimes does sound like you are limited to one particular area.

Sam

Umm, its not actually for me, someone else was asking the other day and I couldn't think of anything!! Zaphod, I think you are along the right lines- something nice, simplen and informitive. The problem with putting a place name is thought it sometimes does sound like you are limited to one particular area.

Sam

Then either use last names of the owners, or initials - ie T & N Technical Seriveces

Definitely avoid any "Funny" or "Humorous" (Yes, I know they mean the same thing) names...

I'm sure everyone has heard the Vodafone adverts on radio, where people come up with any number of c**p business names. Do you really want to be one of them?

I've kept mine short, to TFC Techinal Services, (Although I must admit TFC refers to a nickname I picked up many many years ago..)

Apologies if I break a code of the board by putting a business name down.... :)

-

((EDIT - To correct my horr.. Herr... Terrible spelling))

Alomg similar lines can anyone think of a good name for a general lighting, stage management and technical services organisation... I just am having a complete lack of any good original thoughts/ ideas on this!

Sam

These days the most important consideration is that the domain name is available.

Once upon a longago I was part of "renta crew" we looked after all the local am-dram and dance school shows. The companies paid for our services in the form of a hefty crew rider. The t-shirts featured a nifty crossed AJ and hammer.

What at least some of us got out of it was good grounding in technical theartre.

These days my company is rather more boringly named useing my initals.

unis

Although, having a more exciting name than X. X. Technical Services will make your company stand out and be more memorable to customers. I mean, if you're looking through the phone book and you're a bit short of time and you're presented with the following:

G.N. Technical Services

R.T. Lighting

P.D. Technical Production

A.G. Lighting Services

Rite-Light Ltd.

Which one are you going to go for? Something that's different to others is one of the best ways to get attention in the phone book.

Adam

Archived