Connector advice/identification

Ben101

Hi

I'm having trouble identifying the type of connector on my lights. It's this:

71RDajId+4L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Would anyone know how I can identify it? would it have a specific name?

been looking for ages online but havent gotten anywhere.

Thanks

Ben 

as well as fairy lights they're also used on outdoor decking lights (garden/pond lights etc). They're all moulded as a cable set so I doubt you could buy the connector seperately from what they're connected onto already. You can buy m-f extension cables in 2 and 3 way, with either flatted or keyed design. SELV of course.

12 hours ago, KevinE said:

as well as fairy lights they're also used on outdoor decking lights (garden/pond lights etc). They're all moulded as a cable set so I doubt you could buy the connector seperately from what they're connected onto already. You can buy m-f extension cables in 2 and 3 way, with either flatted or keyed design. SELV of course.

I have got some mains festoon with a connector like this, or very similar, so not necessarily low voltage.

Yes I've seem them used on mains (of dubious origin) but they seem to have very tiny cores and the 3-pin ones dont have a first to make, last to break earth, the pins are all the same length. The fact they are mostly used in SELV garden lighting is like using an XLR connector for mains! I don't recommend it!

aliexpress

cpc LEDJ DMX cable

Edited by KevinE
added cpc link

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 10:11 AM, KevinE said:

like using an XLR connector for mains! I don't recommend it!

aliexpress

cpc LEDJ DMX cable

Noooo....

I handled a smoke machine recently used by it's owner, complete with a 3 pin XLR extension lead...

Sadly the shell on the female (possibly male too) is connected to pin 1 and the join was under the desk with several similar audio cable joins. (Jack outputs on mixer). Luckily it tripped the RCD during setting up apparently without any damage.