Bt/wireless linked PA speakers

IA76

Hi All

I'm after suggestions for active PA speakers that can be linked together with bluetooth or similar wireless option.

We would need the ability to link 2-4 speakers together. I know a wired link is an option but just want to explore wireless options first.

Thanks

You'd likely do better using IEM type wireless links rather than bluetooth. Bluetooth doesn't handle one-to-many particularly well, and also has latency, which could be an issue.

You could have one IEM transmitter and multiple receivers (battery or mains powered) listening to the same frequency.

• Upvote 1

Never used it myself, but a pal has a few of the Alto Stealth units - the basic single channel ones. https://www.thomann.de/gb/alto_stealth_1.htm - basically an "XLR-on-steroids sized connector.

You also get a stereo ("Pro") version. Several similar products on the market, some sell additional receivers so can drive 4x speakers off 2 channels.

One thing he grumbled about was batteries - the alto one apparently runs for "more than 4 hours on an AA" - so you'll be feeding them batteries every gig, or using an external psu.

The Alto ones run on channel 70, so will be competing with radio mics for frequencies.

5 hours ago, bruce said:

Never used it myself, but a pal has a few of the Alto Stealth units - the basic single channel ones. https://www.thomann.de/gb/alto_stealth_1.htm - basically an "XLR-on-steroids sized connector.

You also get a stereo ("Pro") version. Several similar products on the market, some sell additional receivers so can drive 4x speakers off 2 channels.

One thing he grumbled about was batteries - the alto one apparently runs for "more than 4 hours on an AA" - so you'll be feeding them batteries every gig, or using an external psu.

The Alto ones run on channel 70, so will be competing with radio mics for frequencies.

We spent ages trying to work out where something like feedback was coming from with a product similar to those when we front ended an installed system with mixer and radio mics in a hall, we were convinced it was from the AFIL especially as we were assured there were no radio mics there.

Personally I can never work out why radio/wireless is ever used for such purposes in a fixed system, bearing in mind power has to be run a signal cable isn'y much more effort. Portable/temporary is a different kettle of fish.

I'm always happier with things like Denon DN202 if the delay isn't a problem.