Eartec headset mic too quiet

I bought myself an eartec headset for freelance sm work which I love because it's comfy. HOWEVER everywhere I've used it I've been told I'm far quieter than everyone else on different headsets, even when I'm basically eating the mic. Is there some sort of 4 pin amp I can get to boost myself?

If it's this one:

https://www.showcomms.com/broadcast-intercom-camera-cans-headsets-xlr/singel-and-double-sided-lightweight-intercom-headsets/eartec-max4g-single-sided-headset-xlr4f-mxs4xlrf.html

The link says that the headset microphone is electret and will need powering.  If you are trying to use it with the standard techpro/clearcom party line type systems then this will be why your microphone is quiet, as common party line systems don't provide power from the belt pack to the microphone.

Neil

23 minutes ago, neilalexrose said:

If it's this one:

https://www.showcomms.com/broadcast-intercom-camera-cans-headsets-xlr/singel-and-double-sided-lightweight-intercom-headsets/eartec-max4g-single-sided-headset-xlr4f-mxs4xlrf.html

The link says that the headset microphone is electret and will need powering.  If you are trying to use it with the standard techpro/clearcom party line type systems then this will be why your microphone is quiet, as common party line systems don't provide power from the belt pack to the microphone.

Neil

Yes, but if an electret isn’t powered it’s producing no sound; not quiet sound

1 hour ago, david.elsbury said:

Yes, but if an electret isn’t powered it’s producing no sound; not quiet sound

Without knowing the circuit of the pack being used, there is a possibility there is no input capacitor and just sufficient voltage from the pre-amp bias/feedback resistors to give it a tickle. I have known it twice:

50 years ago with a Norman Rover 1200 amplifier, with the volumes running very high a lapel mic worked after a fashion but the MKII version they didn't.

Fairly recently a similar thing;  A radio ham friend built a handsfree mic system and suffered with low volume, he had increased the feedback resistor round the Op-amp to some ridiculous figure, increasing the system noise. Adding a cap and simple R/C arrangement brought it right up and the gain of the pre-amp had to be restored back down to make it anywhere near useable.

Edited by sunray