B Gauge plug patching.

sunray

5 hours ago, sunray said:

Does anybody still use patchfields with B Gauge plugs, I have a number of leads (J-J and J-XLR) which were promised to someone before lockdown and waiting for him to collect although he now disputes that.

Sorry. You promised to give someone some patch leads, and you’re having an argument about whether you actually promised them? If he doesn’t want them; I don’t think you need to force them on him… 🙂

6 hours ago, david.elsbury said:

Sorry. You promised to give someone some patch leads, and you’re having an argument about whether you actually promised them? If he doesn’t want them; I don’t think you need to force them on him… 🙂

Perhaps I didn't word that very well and I wouldn't call it an argument, he urgently collected some B gauge plug to A gauge plug leads 28th July 2019 to get a visitors mixer aux outputs into their system... Simple so far?

At the time I offered the other B gauge to XLR leads hanging on the same hook which he took... still with me?

I also offered the rest when I could get to them and he seemed happy to accept... They have been sitting in a box with his name on awaiting collection since April or May 2020 when I took lockdown as an opportunity to do some sorting...

He came round to borrow a multicore 30th July this year for the same event and now he says he doesn't use any B gauge and hasn't since leaving BT in 1992... But he remembers collecting; red, yellow and green leads and recalls they were BT switchboard cords with Jack plugs on.🤪🤷‍♂️

Edited by sunray
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, sandall said:

Yes. Shortish J-J  always useful, though I'm not sure of the lead situation. I'll ask

7 hours ago, boswell said:

We still use a 'B' patchfield so can take them off your hands if you are willing to pack & post (for a fee of course)😉

I'll have a little sort and let you, in my best impersonation of Harry Hill; FIGHT