Low lying fog - Ice vs liquid

Morganhuw

Hi all,

I want to look at investing in low lying fog. At the moment I subcontract for dry ice. But looking at purchasing my own unit. 

I’ve seen the ADJ Entour Ice which we currently get given by the contractor. But came across the Briteq BT-H2Ice which doesn’t require the faff of loading dry ice into the machine. And ordering for on the day delivery. 

does anyone have any insights of the Briteq? Will I get the same type of output? 

thanks

We have some of the Arcus 2000 which seem to have done well. I'd guess the design is similar to the Briteq.

A few quite serious theatres have hired our machines in order to avoid the headaches associated with dry ice. They have all been happy enough.

It might be worth seeing if you can get a demo, or at least buy from somewhere that will accept a return without quibbling if the machine doesn't quite do what you want. 

The ultrasonic / hydrosonic chilling based low foggers are rapidly becoming the norm now and they use a lot less power and (if properly set up and with the right fluid) are the closest I’ve ever seen to real dry ice chiller fog with vibe of the safety / practicality issues. 

8 hours ago, bruce said:

@Stuart91 how do those arcus ultrasonic machines behave with smoke alarms ?

They're fine until the smoke rises (which it will as it heats up). At that point it's no better than a standard smoke machine, albeit a bit more diffuse. 

Some unfortunate customers of ours managed to empty the Doubletree up on Cambridge St with one of the machines. They'd had the detectors in the suite isolated, but had the machine sitting at an entranceway and hadn't thought about the detectors in the corridor outside. 🙄