Quick qestion for anyone with a deeper understanding of lighting desks than me, Error codes.

The Boogie Man

47 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

If anyone is wondering why I am bothering with a 90s board over a modern rack unit for my show, it is because these type of boards can do midi using the keyboard notation on my comp as well as using the velocity (1-127) to set the scene levels. 
Most of the modern boards (in my price range) that I have seen only receive note on messages.

This is one the main reasons the Lightmaster series was popular with small bands and so on - there isn't a comparable cheap desk available these days with those features 🙂

Hi guys, I stripped off the board to see under the battery and it all looked good. Whilst I was inside I clipped several faders back into their housings and cleaned out any dust etc.
When I switched it back on there were no error codes, so I plugged in some pars and kerrching there was light.
We're up and running.
Great call guys.

20230322_150946.jpg

• Upvote 4

Right guys, everything is working well, but I have discovered a programming 'situation' that I'm sure is probs me and not the desk, but here goes..
My backing plays track sections 'until next marker' in the daw. So all is good until it reaches a marker and stops sending midi to the xls.
I have looked into the xls manual and by using PA (preset A) in midi in slave mode it can be programmed to send out a signal after it stops receiving midi.
My question is does anyone know the procedure for this, as I have tried everything in the manual and can't seem to get it to respond.
It says: switch to midi in / slave.
Scroll to PA then using the add step or go button set the delay time for the desk to respond  to no midi input.
I have then set up a light on preset A, I've pressed go, I've held go. I've left it in midi mode, switched to run and then preset.
I can't seem to get it to register.
Has anyone used this feature and could advise if I'm doing something wrong?
Cheers
Baz

Edited by The Boogie Man