Christie projector remote

ianl

Hi, I have a christie m series projector and an ir remote (that works with the projector) 

The remote has a 3.5mm jack socket and the projector has an xlr socket labeled remote. I want to join them together via a cable. 

Does anyone know

A) the wiring for the jack to xlr cable

(I've tried sleave to pin 1 and tip and ring to 2 and 3 both ways round) 

B) if I have to turn this feature on in a menu on the projector 

C) any other reason it's not working

The manual doesn't seem to help other than saying to use the supplied cable (long lost) 

I found one Christie manual which says:

To use the wired remote, make sure that wired remote support is enabled on the projector the remote is connected to:
Main Menu > Configuration > Communications > Wired Keypad Enabled.

• 9 months later...

I agree Christie support is great. I recently bought a discontinued christie projector from ebay without any instruction manual. I contacted their technical people in Canada and they emailed  me the complete specs, user manual and service manual. Using this information I was able to find someone on Ebay selling the exact remote for the projector. Christie even took time to discuss with me a keystone problem caused by the projector having to be mounted just inside our village hall proscenium. This meant we had quite a tilt on it in order to project onto the back wall of the stage.