Martin Mac 700

sam.henderson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear All,

Just to clarify a few points.....

The Mac 500 is not discontinued at this time.

We have never had a Mac 200. We have had an Exterior 200 though.

The retail price (exc. VAT) for the Mac 700 is....

£7599 in cardboard.

£7799 in Double Flight Case.

Please feel free to call our office (01622 755 442) should you require any more information on our products.

Cheers

I just placed an order for Mac 700.

I had a demo unit a couple of weeks ago and decided immediately after putting it through its paces and digging into the fixture to purchase them. It is a well thought out fixture and I was very impressed by the optics, output, speed, ease of maintainance. It is close to the output of the 2K and 30% smaller. I am replacing all of my 575 profile fixtures with it. I apologize if I sound like an ad.

Hey, does anyone know if martin are going to do a replacement for the much loved mac600? maybe a mac 650 or 660 or some other cool name? its suprising they haven't done one yet, seeing as they've replace the 250s with the kryptons, and even added the 250 wash 2 replace the 300, the 550 2 replace the 500 and added the 2k's... just so they have a 1.2kw fixture out on the market. And they've even moved onto 700w fixtures.

not saying the 600 is a bad light, there luvly, but you see it, with the new optics technology these days, theres always room for improvement (well brighter fixtures/more features)

anyone got any info? maybe they'll release something @ plasa this year.

regards

Tom Grant

btw, soz if anyones already brought this up in another topic

[grumpy person] The fate of the 600 was discussed in this very thread, have a look at the discussion on page 1!

Sam

[/grumpy person]

ahh ok, soz. me not paying attention again. But apart from obvious updates like new optics and maybe abit better effects wheel & faster movement, wat do people thing would make a gd addition to a new 575 (or maybe just jump strait to a 700w fixture) maybe barndoors like on the 2k?

any suggestions?

I think I am right in saying that all new fixtures have 3pin and 5pin DMX options on them as standard, that has been going on for a while now so all new fixtures will have that. Only a small thing but quite useful when you are using a mix of older and newer fixtures.

Sam

ahh ok, soz. me not paying attention again. But apart from obvious updates like new optics and maybe abit better effects wheel & faster movement, wat do people thing would make a gd addition to a new 575 (or maybe just jump strait to a 700w fixture) maybe barndoors like on the 2k?

any suggestions?

Yes. For a start, text speak isn't welcome here. Please use the provided spell checker before posting messages.

If im not much misstaken the 2k WASH has the barndoors

Yes it does (as an optional extra) but I expect the point tokm was making was having motorized doors on a 575/700w fixture instead of just the 1.2kw range.

Stu

any suggestions?

Yes. For a start, text speak isn't welcome here. Please use the provided spell checker before posting messages.

If im not much misstaken the 2k WASH has the barndoors

Yes it does (as an optional extra) but I expect the point tokm was making was having motorized doors on a 575/700w fixture instead of just the 1.2kw range.

Stu

Yes, :) I must appologise for my language. And yes, that is what I ment. :)

Perhaps they could develop some kind of editable beam shaper?? much like the shutting system on the VL1000, but made for a wash fixture (obviously) Like you could shape the beam around an object.. like a cresent shape, or watever the show required.

Or maybe some kind of rotating beam shape, like say if u select the long thin spape, you could have it constantly rotating?? anyone recon that could look interesting?

the other thing, ive heard people talkin about is LED based fixtures, does anyone recon they could ever be bright enough (in clusters obviously) to stand up against say a 250 say.. or maybe a led wash light.

regards

Tom

Archived