1920s style lantern

Ynot

Possibly equally at home in the 'props' topics, but I'll leave it here anyway.

Looking for the loan or hire of a couple of 1920s era lanterns, or ones that could pass as such, to be used on a couple of rolling stands I've built. My fallback (not ideal) will be a pair of the venue's patt 223s, but I'd rather get closer to the right timeline if poss. 

They don't have to e workers, but if they were it would be a bonus.

So - anyone got any vintage kit lying around that might suit?

See the source image

Don't think I have anything in the "I really will get round to restoring these one day pile" that is as old as the 1920s. I have Patt 23, 123, 137, 76, 50A, some Furse 1kw profiles but these are all 1950/1960s really.

Happy to loan to an amateur company, or small hire charge to professionals. Based in Birmingham which is not a million miles from you.

3 minutes ago, xllx said:

Don't think I have anything in the "I really will get round to restoring these one day pile" that is as old as the 1920s. I have Patt 23, 123, 137, 76, 50A, some Furse 1kw profiles but these are all 1950/1960s really.

Happy to loan to an amateur company, or small hire charge to professionals. Based in Birmingham which is not a million miles from you.

Yes, it's an am-dram company.

I'm not holding out much hope for actual 20s vintage, but I reckon the 50s (Pageant) look closer than the 223/743 bodies.

If you have a couple - esp with working lamps - I'd happily pop over to Brum. Whereabouts are you?

1 hour ago, Ynot said:

If you have a couple - esp with working lamps - I'd happily pop over to Brum. Whereabouts are you?

I'll have a look Sunday or Monday and messeage you. Frankly can't rememeber what's there tbh!

When do you need them?

20 minutes ago, xllx said:

When do you need them?

We start the show build Tuesday 25th Oct, after which I'll be busy til we open on Nov 2nd. But if I can't get over myself I should be able to organise a driver. 🙂

55 minutes ago, alistermorton said:

Nuneaton isn't really convenient for Caterham,  I guess.

Sorry - somehow missed that you'd offered the same, but you're right - you are a little far to come fetch from 🙂
Thanks anyway.

5 hours ago, Ynot said:

Looks like I'll be good for one from Mike, as he's nearby.

I suspect the carriage from Surrey would be a bit OTT, sadly for another, but thanks for the offer.

I THINK I have a Patt 50 in Warwick, I'll check tomorrow. If I remember right it works and has a working lamp, may need to work out if it's safe however!

2 hours ago, richard_cooper said:

I THINK I have a Patt 50 in Warwick, I'll check tomorrow. If I remember right it works and has a working lamp, may need to work out if it's safe however!

Warwick could be a goer if you do have it.
As for 'safe to use' if needed, there are a couple of sparkies this end who could, if needed, make it so with a little work... 🙂