FlashPod Connector

TCass

Does anyone know what the component is that connects the circuit to the pin of the plug-in device. Ive opened one up and had a good google around. But can't find/don't know how to describe the little component.

I just need a replacement and looking for the name of them.

Which make of flash pod?

I’m not clear on what you’re looking for. The thread title says ‘connector’ but then you talk about a ‘little component’. Can you clarify?

Try ‘lemaitre bulgin plug’ ?

Edited by kgallen

Hi. Sorry for the confusion. On the LeMaitre FlashPod holders, there is two pin connectors that the effects then slot into. Not the connection for the cables. Its the component that makes their system 'easily plug-in' for the Pyroflash line.

Thanks again

15 minutes ago, TCass said:

Hi. Sorry for the confusion. On the LeMaitre FlashPod holders, there is two pin connectors that the effects then slot into. Not the connection for the cables. Its the component that makes their system 'easily plug-in' for the Pyroflash line.

Hmmm I think that's just part of their custom flashpod I don't think it's a standard part. It's just a collet type of contact isn't it?

Maybe you could post a photo? What's happened to yours has one broken or got electrical damage?

LeMaitre don't list any parts like this on their website:

https://www.lemaitreltd.com/products/pyrotechnics/firing-systems-hardware/holders-hardware-cables-accessories/pyroflash-holders-hardware/

Edited by kgallen

Long ago (10 ish years) I had a few of these from Le Maitre, SO it's worth asking Le Maitre, but don't assume that they have a full compliment of spares now.

If the pods you have are still complete then look for tiny brushes to clean the connections first (Lidl for inter dental cleaning brushes near toothbrushes!) 

48 minutes ago, themadhippy said:

pretty sure ive seen phono (rca for american viewers) sockets used in the past

I was ABOUT to say....
"Phono pins are quite a bit bigger than the pyroflash pins, so....."

However, I caught myself before I hit SUBMIT and as I happen (bizarrely) to have a TFM pod on my shelf here and a phono lead or 6 in the drawer I was very surprised to find that they are indeed a pretty close match.

But not quite sure about how well they'd fit as replacements in in a pod...

Hmmm... (tm)