Tiger touch

Weazle78

Hi all, I have a tiger touch that has a faulty Universe B. When it was on site, it would control the 1st light in the chain, and nothing else (swapped DMX cables etc) nothing would fix the problem. back in the warehouse I have connected 2 identical lights, both addresses to the same DMX address. It will ignore the 1st light and control the 2nd, or if I swap the order in which they are cabled, it will control the 1st and ignore the 2nd. When using any other universe, the desk will control both lights with all the same cabling. 

I have recently upgraded to to v15, not sure if this is something to do with it. Has anyone experienced this before? I’m trying to avoid sending it to avo to be looked at..

Are you swapping the cable across physical outputs from the desk (ie unplugging from one socket and putting it in another) or swapping logical ones (within the DMX network settings and sending different universes via the same socket)? Do you have a Swisson or DMXcat or similar to actually see what the output of the desk is coming out of the DMX output sockets and comparing them?

It does sound rather baffling, but the best I can think of is that one of the wires of the DMX cable (internal to the desk) might have become severed or intermittent somehow. It doesn't explain why one light works and the other doesn't if they're identical really, and it sounds puzzling.

20 hours ago, niclights said:

Just to expand on Tim's comment the DMX boards are designed such that these are easy to swap.  There may even be spare chips although I might be making that up...

Thanks, yeah I read something about those spare DMX chips on the avo site yesterday. I’ll try swapping one today. Hopefully that sorts it 🤞

Thanks for the replies. the chip was the problem 👍

• Upvote 1