Chroma-Q DB4 Colourblock repair

Mr Steve

Hi all,

I have a few DB4 Colorblocks, V1 with separate RGB LEDs in each cell with faults that I'd like to have a go at repairing, rather than dumping. Some have dim blue in a couple of cells, some are missing blue and green totally in 2/4 cells. Has anyone got any pointers of what to check when fault finding these at PCB level? I have some spare PCBs to cannibalise.

all LED fixture repair is the same: driver, or LEDs, or very occasionally control or connecting cables where fitted. 

Test individual LEDs with diode test mode of a multimeter. Get the polarity correct and you may even get the tiniest bit of light from them. 

Years since I used DB4s but recall they may have had an individual pixel mode which means each LED would be driven separately rather than several wired in series. 

Dull LEDs is often the LED itself failing but can also be dirt etc causing leaks. 

• Like 2