Glastonbury 05

the kid

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couldnt see fatboy slim due to not having BBC 3.

White stripes were rubbash. I can just about stand their albums which have a few more instruments in, but playing at glastonbury (whilst I admire the talent of whateverhisnameis) they really should have got a session bassist or something.

Maybe even a real drummer?

I seen the Keiser Chiefs this afternoon.

There was just no point in the moving lights being there and there was no interesting video or chroma wall. Ok so it was in the day, but at least they tried with blasts of smoke and open white for every song.

The headliners get first choice on the lighting design I think. I'm not sure how the politics work with that, but nobody except the headliners used the LED wall last year.

I'm 99% sure it's all generator power. I'm guessing that if they wanted hardwired power, they'd have to get a 132kV overhead feed installed just for the festival, and I shudder to think how much that costs.

The festival power requirements are probably on the far end of 1-2MW, considering they've got 8 stages' worth of PA/LX, plus most of the BBC there...

Yes.. Ive been watching every second of glasto, will definately have to go in 2007 (shame of you for not doing it next year).

White stripes - Hmm... not their best performance

Lighting marks out of 10 - 5

What were those white shell things at the font of the stage ?

New Order - Quality!

Lighting marks out of 10 - 6

Coldplay - If you saw it then like me you would have had to hold up

your jaw like me,Awsome!!

Lighting marks out of 10 - 10:D loved the introduction of the

space cannons :)

Fat Boy slim - Awsome!

Lighting marks out of 10 - 9.9

(how did they do those 3d smily faces in the air ?)

Well done my mate , (doing lighting on the main stage another quality job :))

Hi all

The white shell things at the front of the stage when the white stripes where playing where supposed to look like the very old stage lights that you would see in theaters during the early part the last century.

Ive seen them many times in very old film footage but youll have to take my word for it because I cant find a picture anywhere.

Power -- is supplied by GE show power and temp line with a few other power co's doing the outer fields

Every one is there for a month in total I have done power there for the past 4 years but didnt do it this year due to other commitments

Mark W-E

24 Seven

Archived