Selecon pacific profile lamp??

graemeftv

13 hours ago, graemeftv said:

Does anyone use a t11 lamp in the Selecon Pacific profile?

t11 - gy9.5 lamp base 1000w

rather than a blue pinch lamp =

• Product Code: 6995I/BP
  • Cap/Base: GY9.5
  • 1000w

When I was Hire Manager at CTS, we had a large stock of Pacifics and they were mostly used with 600W GKVs - often good enough as Cantata replacements.  We had a couple of "Blue Pinch" burners as spares for odd occasions with narrow angle lens tubes (the extra bit of brightness proved handy sometimes) but otherwise in general use we didn't consider routine use of of T11 except in Cantata followspots.

8 hours ago, ianknight said:

When I was Hire Manager at CTS, we had a large stock of Pacifics and they were mostly used with 600W GKVs - often good enough as Cantata replacements.  We had a couple of "Blue Pinch" burners as spares for odd occasions with narrow angle lens tubes (the extra bit of brightness proved handy sometimes) but otherwise in general use we didn't consider routine use of of T11 except in Cantata followspots.

Noting that to do this you need a different lamp housing, the blue one I believe. 1K uses the red base.

Graeme, I wouldn’t recommend any 1k lamps other than the Blue Pinch (though I do appreciate they’re discontinued) - pretty sure the filaments and sizing isn’t right with other lamps

Edited by david.elsbury
  • Like 1

I used to have some pacific at a previous venue but only the red cap version.

Assuming you have the blue base you could try the T11 but it will likely not work very well due to the difference in filament pattern - the optics will have been optimized for the BP.  You might get weird optical aberrations and/or sub-optimal brightness.  The GKV will probably perform better.