Old Avo Remote

IRW

Hi folks,

I’m having a bit of a clear out of stuff that’s of no use, and this has come out of one of my ‘legacy’ boxes… I left avo equipment behind a long time ago now, so I’ve no idea if this is still of any use to anyone…maybe it should be in a museum, or am I (wishful thinking) sitting on a sought after bit of gold dust?!

Thoughts?

9602E321-38BF-4DE5-AA56-02C63DEE93C4.jpeg

Edited by IRW

Least used thing of the whole kit, permanently stowed in the bottom of the desk box so the many in existence are still pristine. And still not used.

The button caps and switches might be useful in a future time when getting such things is impossible but that time isn't now as Avo parts from this generation are available at reasonable prices.

46 minutes ago, indyld said:

Least used thing of the whole kit, permanently stowed in the bottom of the desk box so the many in existence are still pristine. And still not used

Haha, yep...I only got this one when I was in a venue with a (classic) Pearl Tiger...I didn't actually use it for the desk, but used it to code a bit of software that sat on a laptop plugged into the desk...this then let me use my HP iPaq running the strand remote software as a riggers remote for the Pearl!

@pscandrett, If I recall correctly (it was about 12 years ago now!), it just output basic ASCII character codes for each button, as indeed did the Strand R120...through a great deal of packet sniffing and protocol analysis, I reckon I probably had 'digital macro tablets' before ETC's R&D department had even dreamt up 'magic sheets'! 😉

10407370_10154174374525277_8904172042916125707_n.jpg

Edited by IRW