Madonna Straps

mikienorth

1 hour ago, dje said:

Are you sure? Zarges, AFAIK, never made staging boards.

If we're referring to the 'Hoover' way of naming things, staging boards are often referred to "Youngmans" which may be what you're thinking of... since that is indeed what Youngman actually make.

I totally agree 'Youngman' is the most popular term for staging boards even though most of what I use is Titan. I used to use a plant hire servive in Chatham, their lightweight staging boards were Zarges aluminium, and ladder brackets to match them, the heavier duty had a solid blue lable and timber - possibly Youngman - and different ladder brackets to suit.

About 10 years ago a colleague purchased a Zarges kit, arrived strapping banded together and shrinkwrapped; 2 combination ladders, 2 ladder brackets and 3m staging board. He ritired/sold up Autumn 2019 so I can't now get a pic.

Google searching I don't find them.

Time may be against you but when I was doing decor and inflatables in tents I had a mate who made and repaired tents run up a bunch of varying length loops of the white webbing as shown in the above photo on his sewing machines. Used with carbine clips etc. they were a fast, flexible way of attaching lightweight kit up to and especially my hammock. 

2 hours ago, kerry davies said:

Time may be against you but when I was doing decor and inflatables in tents I had a mate who made and repaired tents run up a bunch of varying length loops of the white webbing as shown in the above photo on his sewing machines. Used with carbine clips etc. they were a fast, flexible way of attaching lightweight kit up to and especially my hammock. 

Yes, the TAIT Madonnas are a perfect size for attaching a hammock to 2" tube... I'd almost forgotten

1 hour ago, TomHoward said:

Handystraps.co.uk seem to sell all the bits for what you need, and have made me up ratchet straps in custom lengths & colours before so seem to be able to make them up themselves too

Ironically the cream webbing in my pic came from them, it never occurred they made their own stock too.

Edited by sunray
and the carabina in it