ADJ Focus Wash 400 + FLX S48 misbehaving

twinington

Hi All, I have a set of ADJ Focus wash 400 movers that I cant get working. Desk is updated to the newest software and fixture library. It pans and tilts, and the motorised lens will focus, but non of the LEDs will fire up. They work, Ive checked the leds manually on the fixture itself. I have tried the 3 DMX modes (basic, standard & extended) Any Advice?

Hi, welcome.

When you say it pans and tilts, presumably you mean as expected when the desk tells it to? Likewise the beam focus. 

What desk are you using to try to control it? Does your desk give you a virtual dimmer which you have to bring up before the selected colours show? Do you have the shutter channel set to "open" (DMX value between 32 and 63, 96-127, 160-191 or 224 to 255)?

Edited by alistermorton

3 minutes ago, alistermorton said:

Hi, welcome.

When you say it pans and tilts, presumably you mean as expected when the desk tells it to? Likewise the beam focus. 

What desk are you using to try to control it? Does your desk give you a virtual dimmer which you have to bring up before the selected colours show?

Thanks for the reply. 
Thats exactly what I mean, yes. Its a Zero 88 FLX S48. Ive been hunting through the manusals for both pieces of kit, and checking the change logs and I think the issue might be that the fixture firmware is out of date. But I cant get a response from ADJ with the newest version of the firmware which seems like the only way to access it. 

Hi @twinington

I believe I have just replied to your email.

It looks like your Focus Wash 400 are running the original firmware, which has different modes to the current firmware. The modes in the ZerOS Library are for the latest firmware, however I have emailed you the fixture file for the original modes.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Edward

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi @twinington

I believe I have just replied to your email.

It looks like your Focus Wash 400 are running the original firmware, which has different modes to the current firmware. The modes in the ZerOS Library are for the latest firmware, however I have emailed you the fixture file for the original modes.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Edward

That would be me. The issue is that the DMX profile on the desk is based on an updated firmware. Edward sent me a new profile for the desk in less than 15 minutes and it worked perfectly. I have yet to hear from ADJ with a fixture firmware update.

thanks for the responses, they were all things I hadnt thought to check. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1