Zero88 Elara - urgent repair

xllx

I have a venerable Zero 88 Elara which has a flickery preset master fader.

Anyone have a schematic, or know what the fader spec is so I can order one in a hurry?

Alternatively, are the other faders identical so I can "borrow" one from another part of the desk?

Or can anyone fix this for me, in or near Birmingham by end of play Friday? 🙂

• Like 1

Bryson
This post was recognized by Bryson!

kgallen was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

@ianknight is yer man (Coventry) http://www.serviceguy.co.uk/

Here for Zero88 part numbers if you want to go it alone: https://www.zero88.com/control/elara

And Keith at Zero88: keith.rogers@signify.com +44 1633 833101

Edited by kgallen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Mike,

1 hour ago, xllx said:

Anyone have a schematic, or know what the fader spec is so I can order one in a hurry?

Alternatively, are the other faders identical so I can "borrow" one from another part of the desk?

All faders on the Elara are the same type. If you wish to order one from a Zero 88 distributor, these are part code 4417000.

As per @kgallen's suggestion it may be worth dropping @ianknight a line. End of play Friday may be a little tight but worth asking.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Edward

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi Mike,

All faders on the Elara are the same type. If you wish to order one from a Zero 88 distributor, these are part code 4417000.

As per @kgallen's suggestion it may be worth dropping @ianknight a line. End of play Friday may be a little tight but worth asking.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Edward

I've been in touch with Mike (oddly - another old customer from my CTS days) but whilst I have genuine original faders in stock, I can't make his deadline for this side of the weekend. Apparently these particular faders are also proving tricky to get hold of according to Keith @ Zero - I might have to start stripping old Alcora/Elara's :P

If anyone's ever stuck then a very brief squirt of Servisol Super 10 will often save the day and get a show done but ultimately, the solution is to swap the fader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ianknight said:

I've been in touch with Mike (oddly - another old customer from my CTS days).

Yes, thanks for the prompt reply, and yes, did occasionally pop into CTS, for colour, lamps and other bits and pieces and the odd hire now and then!

• Like 1