Jump to content

Zero88 Elara - urgent repair


xllx

Recommended Posts

I have a venerable Zero 88 Elara which has a flickery preset master fader.

Anyone have a schematic, or know what the fader spec is so I can order one in a hurry?

Alternatively, are the other faders identical so I can "borrow" one from another part of the desk?

Or can anyone fix this for me, in or near Birmingham by end of play Friday? ūüôā

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bryson
This post was recognized by Bryson!

kgallen was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

@ianknight is yer man (Coventry) http://www.serviceguy.co.uk/

Here for Zero88 part numbers if you want to go it alone: https://www.zero88.com/control/elara

And Keith at Zero88: keith.rogers@signify.com +44 1633 833101

Edited by kgallen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mike,

1 hour ago, xllx said:

Anyone have a schematic, or know what the fader spec is so I can order one in a hurry?

Alternatively, are the other faders identical so I can "borrow" one from another part of the desk?

All faders on the Elara are the same type. If you wish to order one from a Zero 88 distributor, these are part code 4417000.

As per @kgallen's suggestion it may be worth dropping @ianknight a line. End of play Friday may be a little tight but worth asking.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Edward

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi Mike,

All faders on the Elara are the same type. If you wish to order one from a Zero 88 distributor, these are part code 4417000.

As per @kgallen's suggestion it may be worth dropping @ianknight a line. End of play Friday may be a little tight but worth asking.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Edward

I've been in touch with Mike (oddly - another old customer from my CTS days) but whilst I have genuine original faders in stock, I can't make his deadline for this side of the weekend. Apparently these particular faders are also proving tricky to get hold of according to Keith @ Zero - I might have to start stripping old Alcora/Elara's :P

If anyone's ever stuck then a very brief squirt of Servisol Super 10 will often save the day and get a show done but ultimately, the solution is to swap the fader.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ianknight said:

I've been in touch with Mike (oddly - another old customer from my CTS days).

Yes, thanks for the prompt reply, and yes, did occasionally pop into CTS, for colour, lamps and other bits and pieces and the odd hire now and then!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.