Split Picture

pete10uk

Hi

I am not sure re the upfront cost or the running costs of the project but I get the feeling this is not your first rodeo...

I would look at brightsign, pathport units or raspberry pi's running digital signage software.

I say raspberry pi's as I have used them in a similar configuration. This was achieved quite easily by company called www.info-beamer.com 

The set up was easy and the mapping was even easier. Essentially each screen is  connected to a networked pi running its software. Worth a look but all depends on the planned running cost. System was bullet proof for 6 months when I used it.

Many others are offering similar but I found info-beamer to be excellent.

My 2cents

Eamon

On 11/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, dmxlights said:

I have been looking in to something like this but on a smaller scale and with projectors.

I think Matrox may have your answer

https://www.matrox.com/en/video/products/graphics-cards/m-series/m9188-lp-pcie-x16

22 hours ago, eamon said:

Hi

I am not sure re the upfront cost or the running costs of the project but I get the feeling this is not your first rodeo...

I would look at brightsign, pathport units or raspberry pi's running digital signage software.

I say raspberry pi's as I have used them in a similar configuration. This was achieved quite easily by company called www.info-beamer.com 

The set up was easy and the mapping was even easier. Essentially each screen is  connected to a networked pi running its software. Worth a look but all depends on the planned running cost. System was bullet proof for 6 months when I used it.

Many others are offering similar but I found info-beamer to be excellent.

My 2cents

Eamon

Thanks both for your suggestions.

I think the matrox suggestion from DMXlights could do something but couldn’t find anything about rotated screens. What we’re looking at is 6 screens so would fit into the output count of a single unit. I’ll have a dig a bit further thanks. 

Eamon I’ve already considered your approach, I’m a big user of brightsigns and while it would be possible to achieve the finished look with multiple sync’s units, the content would need to be created for each screen independently. I think this would be a haste for the end client on this occasion. 

I’m sure I’ve seen a product but for the life of me can’t remember the brand or kit. It was a hardware transmitter which accepted a 4K image and each screen had a receiver which could be programmed to take a piece of the 4K image in any aspect, orientation or resolution. A google hasn’t found anything but that’s probably because I don’t know what to search for.   

thanks again

Hi Pete

I am posting a link to the "magic" video wall from info-beamer running raspbery pi's as control.

The reason for this link is that your original image reminded me of how daftly simple this is/was to achieve on my previous encounter with this product/company.

Have a look at the link HERE and you will see what I mean re how easy this would be to create using their software.

Please note I do not have any affiliation with this company; I am just a very happy user.

Eamon