Steel Wire Rope Failure...

IRW

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Arecibo was one of very few Radar Astronomy sites - with a 1MW radio transmit power

As far as I know, one of only two, and it had several transmit capabilities, including 2MW CW 100% duty cycle at (and now I'm going from rusty memory) 2148MHz, with a 34dB of gain from the antenna, if someone wants to work out what the EIRP of that is heading out to the sky, which is why it could bounce off Saturn :)

Arecibo was one of very few Radar Astronomy sites - with a 1MW radio transmit power

As far as I know, one of only two, and it had several transmit capabilities, including 2MW CW 100% duty cycle at (and now I'm going from rusty memory) 2148MHz, with a 34dB of gain from the antenna, if someone wants to work out what the EIRP of that is heading out to the sky, which is why it could bounce off Saturn :)

According to

at around 12:10 it's 20 Terawatts, if I'm understanding correctly. Even on video, this tour can mess with a fear of hieghts.