Simplest mic equaliser for a lampy.

bigclive

I've pondered getting something like this for connecting mics or other sources to a phone. Via a DI I'm sure you could connect the output of a mixer with whatever processing you wanted.

If that doesn't have a power supply or battery, then I'd be suspicious that it's just a potentiometer, capacitor and a resistor across the phone's mic contacts.

Doesn't actually mention PP3 anywhere, but - "Quick Start Guide. Install a 9V battery. Gently slide out the battery cover inthe direction of the arrow at the back of unit".

E2A: Looks a useful one for the toolbox, if you need phantom power, but I imagine it costs a tad more than the XLR - TRRS lead I use to check dynamic mics with the spectrum analyser on my phone. Neither of course solve Clive's HPF problem.

Edited by sandall

I wonder how many sharks got fitted and fogotted as show relays....

We put one into an installation that was on a very tight budget, to use as a delay for their rear speakers.

It was flawless for months, then one day decided at random to change the delay to the maximum possible value. Really confused the customer.

We went in, reset it to the proper value, and it's been fine ever since.

Putting the video up was worthwhile for informing newbies about Summerland. I often still refer to it when discussing safety without consciously realising it was nearly fifty years ago. That made me feel really old - which of course I amdry.gif

I thought the sound after the installation was just fine btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I've pondered getting something like this for connecting mics or other sources to a phone. Via a DI I'm sure you could connect the output of a mixer with whatever processing you wanted.

It never makes sense to me to design a system to amplify a microphone signal in a mixer to line level then attenuate it using a DI box then use a mic pre-amp to feed it into an input which can be set to mic or line level.

My shortcut to this would be: mixer - interface [including attenuation/transformer/basic RC EQ] if/as required.

I have frequently run mixer o/p into phones/mic belt packs/walky talkies etc without issues.

Agreed. Either a transformer, or a capacitor in the mixer-end connector (for my cheap'n cheerful pocket recorder, which puts DC on the mic/line inputs, I use 10u, as it is small enough to fit in a jack plug & has minimal effect on the LF).

E2A: Whatever you do will involve butchering a TRRS lead.

I do understand the hesitation but no butchery required:https://cpc.farnell.com/multicomp/mc001292/phone-audio-connector-plug-4pos/dp/CN21844?mckv=sPq7mG2GI_dc|pcrid|224645161149|kword||match||plid||slid||product|CN21844|pgrid|45968746254|ptaid|pla-937655349508|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=CjwKCAjwoc_8BRAcEiwAzJevtRz4UZNiECrDFI5gg5K-8GixzAI728hxtKnmbAZaVLsv8A3m3o4F2hoCaqAQAvD_BwE

Various grades available and also from other sources.Stock items AFAIC

In my dotage when making up mini-jack leads I find it much easier & quicker to chop a ready-made lead in half than trying to solder a TRRS plug. For a start you know the cable will fit !!

That wasn't a criticism, I do understand the difficulties and I'm happy to admit I purchased some 'headset replacement leads' at a rally for £1 for 5 for this purpose. Edited by sunray