Headphone choice

revbobuk

I'll admit that I find headphone choice queries to be a bit like asking "what pair of shoes should I buy"...

With Simon on that and then for personal listening only it becomes even more of a personal choice, often dictated by acuity of hearing, NIHL, tinnitus and much more including the genre of music one listens to.

When I was doing my occasional DJ gigs I was given a set of freebie Stanton DJ Pro 2000's which suited noisy venues quite well. Having listened through them for well over a decade I don't really want any better even though any reviewer would mark them down on sound quality.

Edited by kerry davies

As a negative review I would say avoid anything "folding", I have got some Audio Technica ATH-M50 which are nice headphones

They are very comfortable for extended period and the folding portability means get used more regularly.

Been more robust than expected.

Don't you go through a sort of krypton factor challenge swivelling all the bits round to get them set up right? For engineering a band or something when you're taking them on and off a lot, drove me nuts.

Before Covid - Absolute Music did near you. They may not at the moment though.

Just rung them - they've not got as large a display as they used to, but they do have some in to listen to, so I'll give them a visit. Thanks for reminding me!