Soundcraft Spirit Live 4*2 Service Manual

GBird

Hi all,

Does anyone have either the service manual for a Soundcraft Spirit Live 4*2 mixing console or the schematic for the AUX master board (part SC3533B Issue 4)?

Google hasn't given me any results and reaching out to SoundTech haven't been able to help yet.

Thanks

Gareth

Hi all,

Does anyone have either the service manual for a Soundcraft Spirit Live 4*2 mixing console or the schematic for the AUX master board (part SC3533B Issue 4)?

Google hasn't given me any results and reaching out to SoundTech haven't been able to help yet.

Thanks

Gareth

Depending on what the fault is, have you checked the insert jack break contacts? Try a plug with T & R linked. Edited by sunray

I do, it's now on the desk beside me. What do you need to know? Mine is issue 3 but I doubt there's much difference.

Thanks all

I do, it's now on the desk beside me. What do you need to know? Mine is issue 3 but I doubt there's much difference.

Thanks Brian, I'm trying to find out what resistor is R97 if you could let me know!

Thanks Brian, I'm trying to find out what resistor is R97 if you could let me know!

R97 (and R96) are both 10R and are in the supply lines (along with C62 to C65 they act as filters) to Op-amps IC1 to IC6. R97 is in the -ve rail.

According to the BOM they are 0.25W 2% Metal Film and mounted on stand-offs, or mounted so that they stand off the PCB (can't tell from the manual which).

But it should be the same as R94, R95 and R96.

HTH.

I almost certainly know the guy who wrote it. Until Soundcraft moved abroad all the manuals lived in an archive in the documentation office. I believe a lot was lost in the move (including my school friend's dad, who wrote most of the manuals, and would photocopy and post pages out as needed).

both 10R

Is there a pattern I see before me?

Or did soundcraft just buy naff 10 ohm resistors.Had a 200B many moons ago that developed a fault on the pfl circuit,culprit a 10R resistor ,fast forward a few years and a gb2 that got very noisy,culprit a 10R resistor,recently on another site someone asking for help with a soundcraft power supply fault,you've guessed it another broke 10 ohm resistor

The use of 10 ohm resistors on each PCB is common to many makes and models of mixing desk - they should be fusible types - and are designed to blow when excess current is drawn by the module.

So if you find open circuit 10 ohm (or near value) resistors in series with the +ve and -ve power supply rails - do check for short circuits on the circuit board, usually IC failure, or occasionally supply decoupling capacitors.

This is a typical type of fusible resistor:

Vishay fusible resistor

R97 (and R96) are both 10R and are in the supply lines (along with C62 to C65 they act as filters) to Op-amps IC1 to IC6. R97 is in the -ve rail.

According to the BOM they are 0.25W 2% Metal Film and mounted on stand-offs, or mounted so that they stand off the PCB (can't tell from the manual which).

But it should be the same as R94, R95 and R96.

HTH.

Great, thank you very much for your help Brian!

I almost certainly know the guy who wrote it. Until Soundcraft moved abroad all the manuals lived in an archive in the documentation office. I believe a lot was lost in the move (including my school friend's dad, who wrote most of the manuals, and would photocopy and post pages out as needed).

It's a real shame. I appreciate they're old bits of kit now, but I've been enjoying fixing a couple up until I hit these sorts of issues.

I have a spare PSU board for Live 16/4/2 if anyone is interested £10 including postage & packing (Basically signed for postage plus a pint)

It says I replaced the bridge rectifier, but that it cut out under test, I had not put it back in the box or attached the heatsinks (other than to the BR) so sold as spares or repair.

PM me if interested.

Bazz

Edited by Bazz339

I purchased a SX as B stock from a trader on Ebay, it was faulty on arrival. I described the faults to them on the phone and they simply gave me a full refund. The fault was quickly discovered [with the use of an F1 service manual] as dead 10R however it soon failed while testing functionality and the fault turned out to be 2 failed ICs.

So replacing the resistor fixed a number of issues with the desk (thank you Brian!!) but there are still two notable issues.

When bringing up the faders for any for the four groups, there's a small hiss on each of the outputs that isn't present on the main mix.

Also, mute groups 1 and 4 don't seem to be working. When the master mute for group 1 and 4 is pressed, the LED comes on to indicate that they're muted but it doesn't actually mute any of the channels that have the mute groups selected. The LED doesn't come on for the channels that have the mute group selected.

Before I go through component by component, does anyone have any starting points to test or could give a helping steer on where I should be looking?

Thanks

Also, mute groups 1 and 4 don't seem to be working. When the master mute for group 1 and 4 is pressed, the LED comes on to indicate that they're muted but it doesn't actually mute any of the channels that have the mute groups selected. The LED doesn't come on for the channels that have the mute group selected.

Running the width of the desk are 4 Mute busses controlled by the mute group buttons on the aux master module. 0V means un-muted, -17V means muted.

The can be found on CN2 pins 3-6.

If you put a meter on these they should switch between 0V and -17V as you press the mute buss masters.

When bringing up the faders for any for the four groups, there's a small hiss on each of the outputs that isn't present on the main mix.

Compare the level of hiss at the insert points for the groups and mains. They should be the same there as along as you have the same number of input channels routed to both groups and mains.