Stage Research SFX 6

alistermorton

If anyone is interested, I just heard that Stage Research are making their products free to download and use in perpetuity while theatres are closed. If anyone is interested, I checked their website and it seems to be right - SFX 6.4 deluxe can be got for free, along with their other products. I think it's one product per person.

I haven't used SFX for years, but anyone still using it could update their current setup gratis.

Edited by alistermorton

Anyone know at what point the 100% discount gets applied? Being a bit of a miser I'm reluctant to lay out $395 for a personal copy of software my theatre already uses.

Looks like you just have to use the code on the homepage and apply it to your cart to get the discount.

Looks like you just have to use the code on the homepage and apply it to your cart to get the discount.

Tried that - price stayed at $395. I didn't go as far as checkout in case it took the money.Maybe the site doesn't like IE ?

Interesting. I'm sure when I tried it applied a complete discount.

Ah wait a mo - I initially got confused by entering the code and clicking apply new code. Didnt work. Then I entered the code and clicked recalculate. Presto hey complete discount.

Hmm. This time entered the code, pressed apply new discount and bingo. I now have a free licence for SFX 6.4 deluxe. So It works. No credit card required.

Edited by alistermorton

I had to keep entering and applying the code and recalculating until the discount showed 395 and the billing amount was 0.00

A couple of times it showed the amount to be billed as 395 so I backed out and started again until it showed 0.00 - don't proceed to checkout until the amount to be billed is 0.00

From the order confirmation:

SR6002ESD SFX 6.x Deluxe Download Only 1 $395.00 $395.00

Discount (100% Discount): ($395.00)

Total(UNITED STATES Currency): $0.00

Edited by alistermorton

I cut and paste the code and it worked fine.

It could be the cut and paste process - Windoze does have that habbit of adding a space at the end or start of words even though you carefully click. It's quite an art to only copy the bit you want!