Acoustically isolating mic from stand

Robin D

I have a vintage style dynamic microphone that fits straight onto a pillar type heavy based stand. It's picking up noise of footsteps etc through the stand. Also very sensitive to the stand being height adjusted by the talent. Partially solved by putting the stand onto a foam tile. However, it really wants decoupling from the stand itself. Does anyone do a rubber stand extension so you screw the decoupler to the stand, and then the mic to the decoupler? Fairly sure it's just a matter of finding the right search term.

Thanks ... Robin

https://reverb.com/a...or-akg-c-451-eb

I used to have one of these- wish I'd kept it if the price is right!

Look up "shock mount"

I have some banqueting type stands that sit on a kind of tyre. It's a soft neoprene very like a car door seal

https://www.studiospares.com/Accessories/Mic-Holders.htm?pl=2147483647

Edited by Dave m

Thanks for the clue on search term @Dave m. I've ordered one of these. Reviews are not great but at the price, its worth trying. Hopefully when added to two different density layers of foam under the stand it will make all the difference. Coronavirus apart, I have a kids show do coming up in two weeks that will allow me to try it out. I suspect part of the problem last week was that it was standing on a sprung floor.

Will try to remember to post back with results.